Urijah Faber has really grown on me lately

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I got into MMA in 2005. After Faber lost to Mike Brown, he spent the next 5-6 years trying and failing to reclaim gold.

But in the last few years? He comes out of retirement and faces a surging prospect in Ricky Simon, then has the guts to face another surging prospect in Petr Yan.

Since then, he's really devoted himself to cornering guys. It's almost heartwarming to see him genuinely happy for all of the foreigners he coaches like Song Yadong. Last night, he just seemed so happy for Raulian Paiva.

A true champion inside the ring and out.

40 year old with a butt chin and the hilariously outdated "California Kid" nickname. Add in their stupidly named "Team Alpha Male", more like "Team Beta Fail."

Never could stand looking at him and always loved watching when he got his ass kicked.

I will admit though, I was impressed that he translated for Paiva last night and seems to know Portugese very well.

Faber was always a good fighter and great coach. Too bad he never fought Conor after filming TUF with him. Faber by RNC

Maybe he learned his lesson. For years as the boss of TAM he would micromanage his stand up coaches and get them riled up by taking over training, telling them what to do and when someone attributed his success to them they were gone. Add to that the necessity to play the bro game even as 30 years old. That was a huge part of the Ludwig debacle. He was a controlling nightmare and the reason why TAM stagnated and had such shitty stand up. Bucholz only got fired when he had found success. In the beginning when he was just a suck up and dependent Faber protected him but as soon as Buchholz got legit he fired him. Faber had serious inferiority issues . If he really resolved them I am glad but kinda doubt it.

Big fan of Urijah Faber
https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F12%2Fimage002-1.jpg

"urijah faber has really grown"
I was expecting this to be a manlet post.
Disappointed.

40 year old with a butt chin and the hilariously outdated "California Kid" nickname. Add in their stupidly named "Team Alpha Male", more like "Team Beta Fail."

Never could stand looking at him and always loved watching when he got his ass kicked.

I will admit though, I was impressed that he translated for Paiva last night and seems to know Portugese very well.
Team beta fail? Haha, you got them there!
tenor (10).gif

I wasn't in front of a screen during the post-fight interview, and was thinking how impressive his Portuguese is. Kinda disappointed to learn the truth afterwards.

Spoken like a true James Vick

I got into MMA in 2005. After Faber lost to Mike Brown, he spent the next 5-6 years trying and failing to reclaim gold.

But in the last few years? He comes out of retirement and faces a surging prospect in Ricky Simon, then has the guts to face another surging prospect in Petr Yan.

Since then, he's really devoted himself to cornering guys. It's almost heartwarming to see him genuinely happy for all of the foreigners he coaches like Song Yadong. Last night, he just seemed so happy for Raulian Paiva.

I thought he was always a good person but yeah he seems like a natural coach.

I was privileged to spend some time training with Faber in ~2010. He was a fantastic guy. Intelligent, enthusiastic and very sincere.

Team beta fail? Haha, you got them there!
View attachment 869993

I sure did.

20 years as a "Team" amd they've managed to produce a whopping total of 3 "champions".

TJ "I used EPO my whole career and got stripped and suspended for 2 years" Doucheashaw. He hated Team Beta Fail so bad, that he left with their best coach Duane Ludwig.

Necktats Garbrandt who was "champion" for about 5 minutes. Started his career 11-0 and has gone 1-4 in his last 5.

dsc_2980.jpg

Deiveson Figueiredo, who was "champion" for about 10 minutes. Missed weight the first time he beat almost 40 year old washed up Benavidez for the belt and became ineligible to win the title, despite winning the fight. Had a grand total of 1 title defense. Then drew, and got choked out by the true champ, Moreno.

1323278218.jpg

So, we have a 20 year old "Team" of drug cheats (TJ), fatties who can't make weight (Figueiredo) and emotional fighters with 0 fight IQ, who just love getting knocked out (Necktats Garbrandt).

Yea, Team Beta Fail is apropos a nickname if there ever was one.
tenor (60).gif

Tagging @kalabula since he liked your post and I just shit all over how stupid it was.

Get out the house bro

Back