The new Kampmann vs Diego

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Kampmann vs Diego also has very close numbers.

But sometimes you just have to know what you're watching. 1 guy got taken down briefly & held against the cage while eating no damage(Kampmann & Sandhagen). While the other guy had both eyes & nose cut, plus a bloody mouth. And in TJ's case a torn knee.

But yeah some people will score for Diego & TJ because they simply don't understand what they're watching or don't know how to comprehend the actual scoring criteria. Punching the air instead of the face of your opponent while going 2-20 on takedowns is not successful martial arts.

Good comparison. Also the numbers weren't even that close really, with Sandhagen surpassing Dillashaw's shots to the head by a huge margin. But yeah it's no secret that MMA fans and judges are biased towards forward movement and against backwards movement regardless of who is actually landing and dealing damage. They're also biased in favor of wall and stall and lay and pray... it's just easier for their simple brains to process than actually looking at strikes and impacts. These people would have hated Sugar Ray Robinson and thought he was a terrible fighter.

Hmmm. I thought based on octagon control, aggression and going all out at the end TJ could be given the nod... But I know who got his ass kicked and who kicked whose ass. And I don't have a problem with it.

But I sure understand why others would. It is a fight and a competition and whoever got their ass kicked shouldn't "win." If they do "win" then they were the superior competitor and the rules need changing so the ass kickers are the ones who win.

I would not call what TJ did point fighting. But from this perspective looking back, that is what happened, he won by "points" while getting beat up.

I wanted TJ to lose. Especially after he ignored the knee twister. But when I saw him fight through it and pour it on at the end, I didn't mind him winning. Even though I really knew he got his ass kicked. TJ won the competition according to the scoring system I guess.

Nick DIaz vs Carlos Condit...Jones vs Gus...yeah there are issues but overall it ain't too bad most of the time.

I really think if Cory charged forward with crazy aggression and accomplished nothing in he last 30 seconds...instead of technical striking (this is dumb but true) he would have won.

But sometimes you just have to know what you're watching. 1 guy got taken down briefly & held against the cage while eating no damage(Kampmann & Sandhagen). While the other guy had both eyes & nose cut, plus a bloody mouth. And in TJ's case a torn knee.

But yeah some people will score for Diego & TJ because they simply don't understand what they're watching or don't know how to comprehend the actual scoring criteria. Punching the air instead of the face of your opponent while going 2-20 on takedowns is not successful martial arts.

How dare you?! Lol Diego vs Kampmann was one of the biggest robberies of all time.

TJ/Sandy wasnt even top 3 sketchy decisions LAST NIGHT...

I bet on Cory and still had TJ winning 1,3, and 5.

Last edited:
TS clinging to this knee injury as though it should have somehow won Cory the fight, and wants to talk about other people not comprehending what they're watching.

<{outtahere}>

We get it. You were born yesterday and you think this was the worst decision ever.

There has to be a rematch! This settled nothing!

A win is a win, but that fight was nothing TJ should be proud of. He had no highlights they could show in the post fight show for him, that’s pretty telling when every highlight they show was the “loser”

This is a ridiculous comparison. Diego vs Kampmann was a 1 sided savage beatdown where 1 fighter won 14 of 15 minutes with ease. Diego failed at takedowns, was picked apart, and completely outclassed. He didn't have extended periods of control. Thats a top 3 worst decision in UFC history. This wasnt anything like that.... this is a classic case of control vs damage like we've seen many times. Sometimes judges get those fights right, sometimes they don't.

Hmmm. I thought based on octagon control, aggression and going all out at the end TJ could be given the nod... But I know who got his ass kicked and who kicked whose ass. And I don't have a problem with it.

Nope. Octagon control etc. is only used in judging if neither fighter has advantage in effective striking or grappling. Otherwise it's not considered at all.

Nope. Octagon control etc. is only used in judging if neither fighter has advantage in effective striking or grappling. Otherwise it's not considered at all.

Ok I didn't know it was only used as a tie breaker. What about the holding upright against the cage thing? Is that worth something in judging fights?

This is a ridiculous comparison. Diego vs Kampmann was a 1 sided savage beatdown where 1 fighter won 14 of 15 minutes with ease. Diego failed at takedowns, was picked apart, and completely outclassed. He didn't have extended periods of control. Thats a top 3 worst decision in UFC history. This wasnt anything like that.... this is a classic case of control vs damage like we've seen many times. Sometimes judges get those fights right, sometimes they don't.
Nope. Diego kampman being a robbery is one of the biggest myths in the history of MMA and is a good litmus test for how good someone is at watching a fight closely and objectively. Kampman won the 1st round easily, but there is no way you can make an argument that he clearly won either round 2 or 3. I've rewatched that fight atleast 5 times now, writing things down as they happened and putting it in slo mo to make sure I saw what actually landed and what didn't, and there's no way that kampman clearly won either of the last two rounds.

I must be the only man on planet earth who thinks Diego won and TJ lost.

I thought this was gonna involve talking about Diego's hot pocket body for this fight! I've never seen Diego look so soft, in or out of competition. His cardio was as strong as ever, mind you.

That boy just ain't right.

QobEZCfbwXgtgfLMYiIs_rvPjavDxMTuKEhANX8KllZTbvi3RlpK8AV6Ij-KTlSApeWyoHvwVVznNURB_fuZydHSRf_AcW630xHXmQOTw3TeZEGqk668eygFG69jrudbYw

And TJ/Sandhagen was as close as a 5-rounder gets. It was a coin flip for me that had me leaning towards TJ cuz I wanna see him and Yan throw down. Both those guys represent Aljo's kryptonite so there's really nowhere for him to run...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back