Friendly reminder that Triple C is still the best BW in the world.

Reydereyes

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So the shadow of TJ's former self beat the number 2 ranked bantamweight, after a 2 year lay off and off the juice and who got injured pretty bad early in the fight.
You have a paper champ in Sterling who should be ashamed to carry that belt around.
You have the "peoples champ" who has 0 top 5 wins still and managed to defend his title 0 times.
You have Cody no chin Gardbrandt and the corpse of Jose Aldo who is 1-2 in the division in the top 5.

I know he is cringy and short but make no mistake, Henry Cejudo would beat every single fighter I just mentioned and let's not even talk about those outside the top 5.

Triple C beat one of the goats in his prime, defended his belt against a juiced up prime TJ who many consider the bw goat, moved up, won the belt then defended against the bantamweight goat. Who comes even close to this? Nobody.

And btw Cejudo is the only guy who would have a shot at becoming the featherweight champ.

Triple C bless

source.gif

So Cejudo is the best BW in the world based on beating Cruz and Moraes? He's never faced Yan, Sterling, TJ (in BW), Sandhagen, Aldo or Font.

Triple C is a bit overrated.

Got a controversial decision over DJ
Beat a drained TJ who fought out of his natural weightclass. Caught him early which happens so I'm not convinced he's better than TJ.
Then beat a 1½ round fighter in Moraes (which hasn't aged well) and a past prime Cruz.

Good but not some GOAT shit like people are saying. Yan stuffs his takedowns and lights him up on the feet.

I don’t get the hype of Triple C a Bantamweight. He’s a flyweight really.

Yan finishes him within 2. There's a reason he ran away with his tail between his legs.
Cejudo is not Urijah faber or any of those bums without wiki pages that Yan fought most of his career. Cejudo finishes him easily.

Cejudo may very well be the best

but his resume at BW doesn’t prove it

So the shadow of TJ's former self beat the number 2 ranked bantamweight, after a 2 year lay off and off the juice and who got injured pretty bad early in the fight.
You have a paper champ in Sterling who should be ashamed to carry that belt around.
You have the "peoples champ" who has 0 top 5 wins still and managed to defend his title 0 times.
You have Cody no chin Gardbrandt and the corpse of Jose Aldo who is 1-2 in the division in the top 5.

I know he is cringy and short but make no mistake, Henry Cejudo would beat every single fighter I just mentioned and let's not even talk about those outside the top 5.

Triple C beat one of the goats in his prime, defended his belt against a juiced up prime TJ who many consider the bw goat, moved up, won the belt then defended against the bantamweight goat. Who comes even close to this? Nobody.

And btw Cejudo is the only guy who would have a shot at becoming the featherweight champ.

Triple C bless
prime tj is not the Christian Bale in the machinist tj that cejudo fought. Henry is a great athlete and a winner, but yan is on a completely different level than Marlon. The tj we saw tonight is hardly a shadow of his former self either. Your opinions are bad

Triple C bless
100 percent unproven. He beat 2 BWs who arent even top 10 fighters anymore. Lol

He never beat TJ at 135. He beat a drained TJ at 125, Moraes and Cruz who hadn't fought in 4 years and was coming off a loss.

Barely beat DJ after dj had like 12 defenses, (including a starching of cejudo)
Beat a corpse tj at flyweight, not at bw, huge difference
Beat moraes in a competitive fight. Moraes has won one fight since? Most people claim that was a robbery
Beat an old Dominick Cruz with a pre mature stoppage
That being said, I think he's a great fighter, I just think he's been super lucky, right time right place. I think Yan, sandhagen bw TJ and font all either finish him or comfortably decision him.

Back