TJ Dillashaw will be champ again

midorathirdtiger

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Cory Sandhagen was stylistically the hardest match-up for TJ in the 135 lb division and he got past him with ring rust and a bunch of injuries. Aljo vs Yan is up next, If Aljo wins TJ will piece him up on the feet and completely nullify his wrestling. If Yan wins It'll be a harder fight especially down the stretch but I think Dillashaw's footwork and unorthodox angles could win him the early rounds while Yan is still trying to figure him out. Mark my words.

Y6zp1gh7C8j4_yTBXp8nUMDOI_1440x.980.jpg

I don’t think so unless he faces Aljo for the title

Yan is very durable and really tough, tough match for anyone

with that said, TJ is capable

I hope it all lines up. I am looking forward to this matchup. It is very hard to pick against Yan right now. I dont think I have seen a weakness in his abilities yet.

Yan doesn't really have any weaknesses, but he isn't really exceptionally at anything either. He hasn't look amazing either, I'd say his best performance was against Aljo.

Yan will give him trouble.

I want Triple C to come back, whoop TJ, then retire again.

That be epic and a big fuck you to TJ for cheating, haha.

I won't be supprised if we end up building towards that, Cejudo coming back for bigger money to fight TJ.

Yan will give him trouble.

I want Triple C to come back, whoop TJ, then retire again.

That be epic and a big fuck you to TJ for cheating, haha.
For me the best timeline here is TJ wining the title and CCC coming back to challenge him for the 135 title.

if you win 3 rounds,and the other guy only wins two,you win. Just try to tell me how in gods name TJ won round 5. It was 2 - 2 going into the 5th and there is no way TJ won round 5.
TJ won 4 rounds. You dont automatically win rounds 3-4-5 because of a cut you caused in round 2 you actually need to win them.

Cory Sandhagen was stylistically the hardest match-up for TJ in the 135 lb division and he got past him with ring rust and a bunch of injuries. Aljo vs Yan is up next, If Aljo wins TJ will piece him up on the feet and completely nullify his wrestling. If Yan wins It'll be a harder fight especially down the stretch but I think Dillashaw's footwork and unorthodox angles could win him the early rounds while Yan is still trying to figure him out. Mark my words.

This fight was hard to judge. Khabib had it 2-2 into the 5th. I guess the judges gave TJ the win for aggression in the last round. It was close.

I don’t think so unless he faces Aljo for the title

Yan is very durable and really tough, tough match for anyone

with that said, TJ is capable
I think Yan blasts through TJ. I think Aljo submits TJ. I think Cory was never going to beat Aljo in a rematch and I never saw him beating Yan. I think Yan is probably the best BW then aljo is a distant two..then there's a gap between aljo and the next guy. I think aljo can win against Yan but he has to be a composed fighter. He can't spam takedown attempts and think he's khabib. He thinks he can, if he does that, I think he's getting knocked the fuck out. But what I'm saying is, I don't think Yan is unbeatable . I know he's been beaten once(by the guy in my avatar) but I just don't think he's as good as people think he is. He's good to win, but people acting like he's going to hold the belt for 10 years, rack up all these title defenses and be a super goat of that division. I don't see that. I see a really top bw with 2 or 3 defenses.

How? He just lost to Sandhagen.
mad cuz bad lol

tj will be the champ. Yan is not that good and Aljo lol

I think we all need to look at the injury shopping list for Tj and how long each one is going to take to be healed or corrected. Now if we are talking MCL surgery, we are talking another plot of time to be out for the foreseeable future and maybe forever. Epic performance however tonight!

This fight was hard to judge. Khabib had it 2-2 into the 5th. I guess the judges gave TJ the win for aggression in the last round. It was close.

Cory outstruck him. Striking is a higher priority than aggression

Yan doesn't really have any weaknesses, but he isn't really exceptionally at anything either. He hasn't look amazing either, I'd say his best performance was against Aljo.

I would say at 135lbs Yan's power is exceptional. Thus far his takedown defense seems to be as well in how dominantly he was able to stave off Jimmie Rivera's, Faber's and Sterling's takedown attempts (not a bad line up) and he improved after the Magomedov loss and showed stellar grappling in the rematch he won. Its a little too soon to tell about cardio but after rounds 2, in 3 and 4 vs Aldo and Sterling he became more dominant so it looks like he is strong late too and has a good tank.

He certainly has weaknesses, he's not the quickest and he likes to punch a bit outside of boxing range and throws loopy often, if you watch the Rivera fight, Rivera was outlanding Yan, beating him to the punch and somewhat the better man on the inside boxing. But he is super strong with no real holes.

Dillashaw is old and had a long layoff, he went tooth and nail with Sandhagen and inclined to believe his wrestling strategy is a poor idea vs Yan. I feel like Dillashaw is quicker, has way better setup's and way better defense and headwork and footwork. That said, Yan's like 27, has huge power and is rising to his prime. Dillashaw is chinny, hold and lost years, I dont think Dillashaw wins but I think he can give Yan trouble.

Back