Closer Fight: TJ vs Cruz or TJ vs Sandhagen?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Which fight was closer?

I gotta go with TJ/ Sandhagen personally , but both very technical and kinda similar actually.

Poll maybe?

Neither were that close. 49-46 TJ, maybe 48-47. Same with Sandhagen, 49-46 maybe 48-47.

The key to both fights is understanding that not all strikes are created equal, as well as takedowns & wall control are only as good as what you do with them. If you do nothing then you score nothing.

Gotta go with Cruz. Much more varied potential total scorings, more closer rounds

TJ clearly lost both imo

The striking totals were close in the Cruz fight, but percentage wise TJ was punching air 75% of the time. Cruz had him looking silly sometimes.

And Sandhagen easily won rounds 2 and 3, hurting and/or dropping Dillashaw multiple times in those rounds, and he also took the 5th by outstriking TJ by a decent margin. Dillashaws aggression while once again hitting air during that last minute probably gave him the round in the judges eyes.

I dont understand how taking a guys back against the fence and doing absolutely nothing with it is in any way scoring points. Tbh, TJ attempting and failing multiple takedowns should be counted as effective grappling FOR SANDHAGEN who is successfully defending, thus dictating where the fight takes place

Imo TJ x Cruz because I think Sandhagen clearly won.

Tj won all rounds against Cruz but against Sandhagen only 4 so.

Honestly dont know but with cruz vs dillashaw I can see anything from 49-46 Cruz to 49-46 Dillashaw. In this fight I can only see it as 48-47 for either

Cory got robbed

Lol this guy does a controversial round for round 1. The judges gave TJ round 4. 1, 3, and 4, for TJ.
Should at least cover the rounds that were split between the judges, which was 4 and 5, not 1 and 5

Tj won all rounds against Cruz but against Sandhagen only 4 so.

I feel in both of these TJ was the one who could make a claim for potentially winning every round which I tend to count in favour of who "really won".

Sandhagen and Cruz did have enough rounds were giving them the decision wouldnt have been a robbery but I feel they needed more to go in their favour to win.

Honestly Cruz especially I think the UFC clearly wanted him to win, Dana was loving his autistic bully persona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back