TJ vs Cory Post Fight thoughts

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1) VERY close fight that could of gone either way , I had it TJ 1,3,4
2) Cory is so close to championship level, maybe one day he could get but imo Aljimain is a nightmare matchup for Cory (dominated him a year ago), Cory loves to give up his back and Aljiman is the master when it comes to getting a dudes back, Cory needs to stop doing this shit
3) Cory also should of kicked TJs bad knee a lot more, especially when TJ would switch to Orthodox stance
4) Cory's range gave TJ fits and Cory's TDD was lights out
5) Both guys have great chins
6) 135 is lit and I'm super excited to see where it goes, I think Yan beats Aljimain and then TJ assuming he gets the TS and would beat Font as well

That was the biggest robbery in a long time. Damage > touches. Seriously can't understand giving TJ anything other than 1 round. Guy gets his face split wide open, his knee fucked up and lands literally zero damage but wins?

TDs don't count without control and damage so how the Fnck does not getting the TD win fights???????

TJ is still near the top. So is Sandhagen. However I think both are still a tier below Sterling and Yan.

Based on what exactly?
TJ has beaten better opponents, and is a bad match up for Aljo. Aljo's striking is not even close to being good enough to compete with TJ's, and he's not doing anything grappling wise, Aljo's grappling got exposed by Yan

TJ has beaten better opponents, and is a bad match up for Aljo. Aljo's striking is not even close to being good enough to compete with TJ's, and he's not doing anything grappling wise, Aljo's grappling got exposed by Yan

Aljo's striking is plenty good to compete with TJ's. He's faster, younger, more durable, and his grappling is a level above TJ's. Look at what he did to Sandhagen when he turned his back standing. Took advantage, took him down, and finished him easily. TJ's striking is overrated as shit. He was getting pieced up by Sandhagen and won by control. Aljo would twist him up on the ground.

TJ was literally busted for EPO so forget what you knew, let alone Cejudo knocked him out without much fuss.

Aljo casually ran through Sandhagen less then 2 years ago. TJ just took him to a controversial split decision and looks like he fought a lawnmower and lost.

TJ was literally busted for EPO so forget what you knew, let alone Cejudo knocked him out without much fuss.

Aljo casually ran through Sandhagen less then 2 years ago. TJ just took him to a controversial split decision and looks like he fought a lawnmower and lost.
Styles make fights you idiot, Sterling isn't going to sub TJ inside a 60 seconds

Back