TJ believed in me before i believe in myself

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
2fdjs6.gif

Do you believe in him getting the belt back?

I think Yan is too much for him now

Discuss

tenor (4).gif
Edit:also yes Yan is way too much for Dillashaw . Better in every way

Yan is a good style for TJ. His high-guard defense & willingness to be pressured will allow TJ to flow imo. TJ struggled with Sandhagen's range & movement but Yan is much shorter & flat-footed.

TJ believing in yellow-carded Sherdoggers is what this sport is all about.
Well the yellow-carded sherdogger have 1671 likes for only 850 posts i think TJ is not betting in the worst one IMO

View attachment 869847
Edit:also yes Yan is way too much for Dillashaw . Better in every way
No no no no. Please explain. How is petr better? Petr moves forward, absorbs punishment AND THEN unloads. You don't see that as a potential problem? You don't see tj setting him up with one of those southpaw head kicks? You don't see Yan getting exhausted in the 4th round like he did against sterling a lesser fighter than dillashaw? You think yan is a better wrestler than dillashaw (no, I'm in no way insinuating that dillashaw can smesh or blanket him but I'm saying consider all that).
All in all tj is a much slicker fighter. The only advantage yan has is the springtime of youth. Other than that tj is more skilled by far imo.

No no no no. Please explain. How is petr better? Petr moves forward, absorbs punishment AND THEN unloads. You don't see that as a potential problem? You don't see tj setting him up with one of those southpaw head kicks? You don't see Yan getting exhausted in the 4th round like he did against sterling a lesser fighter than dillashaw? You think yan is a better wrestler than dillashaw (no, I'm in no way insinuating that dillashaw can smesh or blanket him but I'm saying consider all that).
All in all tj is a much slicker fighter. The only advantage yan has is the springtime of youth. Other than that tj is more skilled by far imo.
Yan has better boxing. TJ kept getting hit with punches and Sandhagen isn't a high level boxer. Yan would find those openings and has the high level boxing to exploit it in ways that Sandhagen can't.

2fdjs6.gif

Do you believe in him getting the belt back?

I think Yan is too much for him now

Discuss
The complete opposite. TJ is too much for Yan. You are mislead seeing a FW in Sand Hagen throw some flashy knee's that caught a guy 6 inches shorter. Yan is not Sand Hagen, and he is going to get a reality check if he fights TJ.

Yan has better boxing. TJ kept getting hit with punches and Sandhagen isn't a high level boxer. Yan would find those openings and has the high level boxing to exploit it in ways that Sandhagen can't.

Yan also doesn’t find those “openings” until his opponents are dead tired. Don’t think its happening against TJ. 50/50 fight imo

Yan also has shorter reach and inferior footwork. You need to be in boxing range to do that.

Yan also just had the durability and power to give TJ fits

Yan also just had the durability and power to give TJ fits
Yes Yan hits way harder than Sandhagen. That's going to be the thing he'll need to focus on the most is Yan's boxing.

Yan also has shorter reach and inferior footwork. You need to be in boxing range to do that.
Won't matter if Yan is the better boxer. Reach is only an issue for fighters that aren't as technical or used to fighting vs reach. When reach is similar it's even easier for the fighter with better boxing, reach is what makes things difficult and adds extra difficulty level, Yan has a higher level boxing than TJ. That was made evident in this fight with Sandhagen. TJ will have to improve his boxing offense/defense before he fights Yan.

Yan also doesn’t find those “openings” until his opponents are dead tired. Don’t think its happening against TJ. 50/50 fight imo
He still finds them, he just spends time analyzing their combos/patterns/timing first. They aren't as tired, it's when Yan starts to turn it up that makes them limit their output so people think they're gassed/tired. It's a combination of getting hit and pressured.

Back