Anyone surprised by TJ's chin?

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
TBH, even ignoring the Cejudo fight as he was obviously extremely depleted, I've always thought TJ would be a bit chinny, maybe it's because of the Dodson loss, but he ate some bombs tonight, including a big flying knee.

I knew he was gritty because he obviously has an almost demented competitiveness but he took some shots to get it done tonight.

The snake consumed that which is beneath it, and regrew it’s chin
3074587910_9f54562f23_c.jpg

Good conditioning and lay off to recover probably helped a lot.

The moments where he was doing some head movement with his hands low had me on the edge of my sit, Cory actually caught him a couple of times, thankfully he survived.

Super surprised, he tanked through some fight ending shots and didn't even flinch.

Even though he got his face rearranged and blasted with some good shots, there wasn't really that one that caught him perfectly. The 3 best shots landed on his forehead/eyebrow, the knee that landed on the side of his face that tJ kind of rolled with, and the spinning back fist on the side of the face/head that rocked him a bit

There wasn't a massive shot to the temple or chin, or even behind or above the ear to knock out his equilibrium

I can't stand him, but he's as ambitious and disciplined as it gets.

I said it in the PBP thread, but here we go again: that was one of the highest level fights i've seen

Yeah, that was some top level shit.

Not really. He only had a bad chin when he cut too much weight.

I wonder how many times you can give the wrong location to USADA in two years.

I was more disappointed in Sandhagen's inability to push when TJ was wobbly

Even though he got his face rearranged and blasted with some good shots, there wasn't really that one that caught him perfectly. The 3 best shots landed on his forehead/eyebrow, the knee that landed on the side of his face that tJ kind of rolled with, and the spinning back fist on the side of the face/head that rocked him a bit

There wasn't a massive shot to the temple or chin, or even behind or above the ear to knock out his equilibrium
Nah his jaw got straight blasted with a switch-knee

The hate for TJ is making me root for him more. He was everyone’s darling after he took count chocula and neck tat’s lunch money. Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s failed drug test or the shirtless pad work on the baggage carousel that made people turn on him.

I was more disappointed in Sandhagen's inability to push when TJ was wobbly
Worried about TJ ducking under for an TD perhaps? TJ shook off or hid his damage good. Pressure also may have made him back off a little.

Back