TJ won’t be able to beat Yan and get the title back.

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He got outstruck by almost 40 strikes tonight and took 2-3 times more damage than Sandhagan. He really only won because judges valued marching forward and Cory faded a bit.

Yan doesn’t fade though. TJ can’t damage guys anymore, he has no power. So he probably either gets finished or loses the decision when Yan stands his ground and comes forward a bit.

TJ has no power? When has Corey ever been dropped or even rocked?

I favour Yan as obviously he's really fucking good (and I generally favour the significantly younger fighter when two elites fight) but TJ is dangerous as fuck, if an old Dodson can put Yan on his ass then TJ could definitely knock him out.

Yan is a manlet like TJ, so it’s probably a better match for him. Cory is tall and many of the punches TJ whiffed on would land on other guys. Yan is also vulnerable to low kicks.

TJ has no power? When has Corey ever been dropped or even rocked?

I favour Yan as obviously he's really fucking good (and I generally favour the significantly younger fighter when two elites fight) but TJ is dangerous as fuck, if an old Dodson can put Yan on his ass then TJ could definitely knock him out.

Gotta see how Yan vs Aljo pans out.

I think Aljo is going to come in better this time. Could see a totally different fight this October between the two. BW is very interesting.

Aldo took rounds off Yan, if he had the cardio to sustain that output for 5 rounds he would have beat Yan. TJ has the skills and cardio to pressure Yan for 5 rounds and get the W.

yan is an easier matchup for tj than sandcastle was. tj is better everywhere
Complete nonsense..

If TJ is as easy to hit as he was tonight, against Petr, he's going to sleep.. consider Yan is a much superior boxer than Corey.

Sorry, i hate tj but I don't know where your getting no power from. He still has plenty of crank, what you were watching was a difference of reach and awkward positioning.

As for yan, idk tjs not as good as yan but you could argue it a more favorable match up than the one he just competed in.

Complete nonsense..

If TJ is as easy to hit as he was tonight, against Petr, he's going to sleep.. consider Yan is a much superior boxer than Corey.
the only reason cody was able to land is because of his superior size and reach

If anyone can beat yan it’s tj .. yan won’t be able to handle tj’s pressure and tj is a smart fighter who can change his game plan to get the job done if needed . Once yan disposes of sterlina= yan vs tj I’d pay to see$$$$$$

He got outstruck by almost 40 strikes tonight and took 2-3 times more damage than Sandhagan. He really only won because judges valued marching forward and Cory faded a bit.

Yan doesn’t fade though. TJ can’t damage guys anymore, he has no power. So he probably either gets finished or loses the decision when Yan stands his ground and comes forward a bit.

If that's the case, Sandhagen would get obliterated against the top 3.

Cory is a much harder style matchup for TJ

Tallest in the division, one of the longest, prolly the best jab @ BW after Font

TJs striking actually looked pretty good, people don't understand how tough it is to actually hit taller counter strikers with huge reach advantages. Let alone doing it with a compromised eye and blown out knee, absurd when you think about it.

Complete nonsense..

He won't be as easy to hit. His knee was fooked and he has to over extend and leave his chin out there because Sandhagen is a beanstalk for the division and constantly runs. Did you even watch the fight?

Yan's a different fighter to Cory. He's much more hittable and stationary. He was getting picked by Rivera before dropping him at the end of the rounds. Could've easily lost those fights if he didn't get those knockdowns. Also showed similar weaknesses in the Aldo and Sterling fights.

The question is gonna be whether TJ can take Yan's power when he eventually lands and vice versa.

Back