BJ Penn

Dao

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Anderson Silva putting BJ on the mount Rushmore of MMA and with GSP saying that BJ was the most complete fighter on his era.

Outstanding take down defense, Best jab in MMA, strong chin, black belt level BJJ, great boxing skills, heavy handed etc...

I think if BJ paid for a therapy for early success struggles, he can easily be the greatest p4p of all time.

I watched the fight with Machida and I was speechless.

Who you think is or was more complete than BJ?

I agree with Anderson Silva putting BJ on the mount Rushmore of MMA and with GSP saying that BJ was the most complete fighter on his era.

Outstanding take down defense, Best jab in MMA, strong chin, black belt level BJJ, great boxing skilss, heavy handed etc...

I think if BJ paid for a therapy for early success struggles, he can easily be the greatest p4p of all time.

I watched the fight with Machida and I was speechless.

Who you think is or was more complete that BJ?
<mma4>

6IdKozW.jpg

When you have two greats from the same sport saying he's one of the top, (Anderson, GSP) then we should listen. I've always thought of him as one of the greats. Just because he loved the sport and fought too long into his career is no reason to deny his outstanding ability while he was at the top.

BJ Penn's talent was through the roof. Too bad he wasn't able to beat Edgar, though he arguably won the first fight.

It is known that Penn was the king of first rounds, boxing the bleeding head off of even larger men like GSP and Nick Diaz. Too bad his work ethic didn't elevate his talent.

Last edited:
Penn was 32/33 years old when he was robbed against Edgar. Started the losing streak in his mid 30s. Prime Penn only lost to GSP, Machida, and Hughes. All at least a weight class bigger than him.

If he retired when he should've before the Diaz fight, he'd probably get the props he deserves.

Penn was 32/33 years old when he was robbed against Edgar and when he lost. Started the losing streak in his mid 30s. Prime Penn only lost to GSP, Machida, and Hughes. All at least a weight class bigger than him.

If he retired when he should've before the Diaz fight, he'd probably get the props he deserves.
I agree 100%. It was time to go home and chill after his fight with Diaz.

Back