Not enough credits given to whoever gameplanned for Poirier two fights in a row

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Poirier always had a good check hook, but he used it incredibly well in the first fight, along with his low kicks. That was a great game plan.

In the third fight, everyone is talking about the broken leg and all, but Conor's downfall started when he sorta got rocked in the stand up when Poirier countered Conor's left hand.

I do think Conor's striking regressed incredibly so, but you have to tip your hat to Poirier for what he was able to do and did.

I don't think Poirier ever in his life countered someone's left straight simultaneoulsy like that, and I do believe that was drilled because it was so well executed, never been done, and I think it was because they thought Conor would be prepared for check hooks this time so they went the other way around.

Poirier do like to counter people with his left, but in his entire career, it's always a half second after the punches. He has NEVER countered someone's left hand like that, and I think that was drilled.

Overall, I think the game plan was incredible. In the second fight, Poirier countered Conor with check hooks, then caught him with left straight counter while slowing him down with leg kicks. In the third fight, Poirier again countered Conor with left overhand, then left straight, which got Conor initiating clinch first.

Poirier had incredibly well thought out game plan, whereas Kanavagh got Conor drilling guillotine, which was probably the worst game planning that I'm aware of in the history of MMA. The difference in quality of coaching between the two fees like as big of a gap in size between the pacific ocean and a cup of glass.

He doesn't even need a gameplan at this point to beat Conrad. He is the better fighter everywhere, much more well rounded. Conor can not trade shots with Porier or he gets finished. There's literally no path to victory for him.

Ironically, Conor did Porier’s same shitty closed guard guillotine that he himself uses to defend against TDs but never works. Someone made of a compilation vid of it once.

Ironically, Conor did Porier’s same shitty closed guard guillotine that he himself uses to defend against TDs but never works. Someone made of a compilation vid of it once.

Kanavagh's idea. He should be fucking fired for that

That would be Mike Brown probably.

Mike-Brown-and-Dustin-Poirier.png

Fun fact: He’s 2-0 against Urijah Faber.

How do you know that?
Should porier fire himself since he says its his idea too?
So many bjj coaches like Lachlan giles took advantage of the time he failed it against khabib and made toturials like “porier could have secured the choke better”.

How do you know that?
Should porier fire himself since he says its his idea too?
So many bjj coaches like Lachlan giles took advantage of the time he failed it against khabib and made toturials like “porier could have secured the choke better”.

Because Kanavagh said so himself?

Kanavagh is the worst coach I've ever seen. Makes Edmond look like Freddie Roach of MMA.

To be fair, Kavanagh said they drilled the guillotine as a grip to defend the takedown standing. He said that jumping into guard for the guillotine was Conor's own mistake.

Poirier always had a good check hook, but he used it incredibly well in the first fight, along with his low kicks. That was a great game plan.

In the third fight, everyone is talking about the broken leg and all, but Conor's downfall started when he sorta got rocked in the stand up when Poirier countered Conor's left hand.

I do think Conor's striking regressed incredibly so, but you have to tip your hat to Poirier for what he was able to do and did.

I don't think Poirier ever in his life countered someone's left straight simultaneoulsy like that, and I do believe that was drilled because it was so well executed, never been done, and I think it was because they thought Conor would be prepared for check hooks this time so they went the other way around.

Poirier do like to counter people with his left, but in his entire career, it's always a half second after the punches. He has NEVER countered someone's left hand like that, and I think that was drilled.

Overall, I think the game plan was incredible. In the second fight, Poirier countered Conor with check hooks, then caught him with left straight counter while slowing him down with leg kicks. In the third fight, Poirier again countered Conor with left overhand, then left straight, which got Conor initiating clinch first.

Poirier had incredibly well thought out game plan, whereas Kanavagh got Conor drilling guillotine, which was probably the worst game planning that I'm aware of in the history of MMA. The difference in quality of coaching between the two fees like as big of a gap in size between the pacific ocean and a cup of glass.
Lost me at a cup of glass.

A lot better than his game plan against Khabib

I mean both gameplans resulted in L's so I wouldn't give that much credit.

Lost me at a cup of glass.
That was the end of the story.

May not be good for UFC but it's good for MMA Dustin won both times. Can get back on track of ranked fighting instead of popularity placement.

That would be Mike Brown probably.

Mike-Brown-and-Dustin-Poirier.png

Fun fact: He’s 2-0 against Urijah Faber.
Yep. Mike Thomas Brown has been a great coach for a while now. Lot of fighters sing his praises for being able to prep someone for a big fight.

To be fair, Kavanagh said they drilled the guillotine as a grip to defend the takedown standing. He said that jumping into guard for the guillotine was Conor's own mistake.

That's still absolutely trash idea while throwing his fighter under the bus trying to cover his worst game plan. Terrible all the way through.

I can't fault Mcgregor for the sub attempt. He is trying out something he worked on in camp. It's like that stupid shoulder strike. I think it is an ass move that is useless but it worked against old cowboy. People were calling him a genius for that.

I can't fault Mcgregor for the sub attempt. He is trying out something he worked on in camp. It's like that stupid shoulder strike. I think it is an ass move that is useless but it worked against old cowboy. People were calling him a genius for that.

They are not even remotely in the same dimension, what the fuck.

Pulling guilotine on Poirier, and drilling guillotine for Poirier, is literally the stupidest, most brain dead shit ever in the history of MMA.

Shoulder striker worked. Against Cowboy AND Poirier to a degree in the second fight.

You are getting unorthodox confused with absolutely brain dead.

Back