I just saw this Conor tweet for the first time

Sorry if this has already been discussed but someone pointed this tweet out to me today and it's the first time ive seen. Apparently Conor was well aware that kicking with microfractures in your leg is a bad idea.....He said this after Weidman broke his leg

Mirco fractures aren't what caused Chris Weidman's leg to break:

EnchantedMediumAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

Conor's had some frail legs for awhile.
Dude was on crutches after the second Diaz fight and tried to play it off like Nate was just checking his kicks.
Conor lands kicks with his foot a lot. Look at the cowboy KO. I see this a lot in karate fighters.

Booze, cocaine, and greed have clouded conors powers of attraction.

I don't understand much about how checking works, but how was Weidman's power directed towards the floor from the check?

Well, a traditional “check” to block a leg kick would be to raise the leg being attacked, and turn your shin bone (upper section) towards the kick.

You can also keep your foot planted to the floor and merely rotate so that you again, place the shin facing the kick. In this foot planted situation the energy passes through the block and gets sent to the floor, causing Uriah hardly any harm. Makes Uriah’s leg like kicking a pole. It was like “stuffing” the kick before it hits its intended target.

A lot of checking and deflecting kicks to the legs can be very subtle and often times painful for the kicker.

Uriah has been kicking and receiving kicks most his life. You dont get away with basic kicking against these types martial artist.

"Careful no them kicks, lads"

Proceeds to throw kicks without set ups and gets his shin broken. Too much cocaine is scrambling mcg's brains and bones AND no prior kick training.

For some reason, him and his genius coach thought it was smart to bulk up like a bodybuilder during his time away so maybe that is affecting his weight cut

Sorry if this has already been discussed but someone pointed this tweet out to me today and it's the first time ive seen. Apparently Conor was well aware that kicking with microfractures in your leg is a bad idea.....He said this after Weidman broke his leg

welcome to literally the 100th thread about this topic. dont come here often do you?

Teddy Atlas in a recent interview with Dustin questioned his use of the leg. He could've utilized his front kick from Orthodox more, high kicks, he could've setup his kicks more, he was already taking pics in camp of the leg. Even brought cameras to his medical evaluations.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that using that leg until injury occurred was a way out, even if it was subconsciously.

He fought like someone who was overcome by the moment, continuing to desperately use low kicks like it was his only real way of victory, and maybe it was. We've just never seen such a low display of fight IQ from him in the UFC.

Last edited:
Back