@Silver
Reaction score
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(now imagine Ganes jab)
giphy.gif

still looks bad for lewis in real time but to be fair there was an eye poke)
giphy.gif

The two times Derrik Lewis connected clean: I think the Gifs speak for themselves . These shots wont land on Gane especially the KO. Gane would never go for such a telegraphed takedown especially when with a HW like Lewis. Gane's intelligent he knows Lewis is dangerous as hell in the pocket .
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

those follow up shots..... "That's Herb Deans fault" <{JustBleed}>
The real good and impressive improvement by Lewis: His takedown defense, he doesn't even need to get up anymore .
giphy.gif

Now i know what your thinking... "carrotman you fucking idiot Lewis always looks bad until he knocks the opponent the fuck out" ... and i know but look at these gifs.. better yet go re watch the fight on youtube .. This shit will not work with Gane. Just like it didnt work with JDS , Hunt or DC

Last edited:
Lewis got lucky Blaydes dove right into a power uppercut, Gane isn’t a sloppy HW like Lewis is and what Lewis is used to fighting

Blaydes is so bad at mixing in striking and grappling, he was terrified of the power

Bladyes was so scared of his power, he shot from like 6 feet out.

People fear the black beasts power, they make mistakes.

Gane could easily make a mistake.
makes sense because Lewis only has that classic punchers chance . Gotta believe he can put the fear of god in Gane to beat him <45>
Gane dosnt mind a less fan pleasing fight though or rely on takedowns. he will stay in range when needed and win .

Lewis always looks lackadaisical in all his fights, it’s how he maintains his KO power for 5 rounds… he hangs back and fights in bursts when opponents press into his striking range.

As far as Blaydes goes, don’t take anything away from Lewis or his team… they planned and executed the “interception” uppercut to a tee. Lewis did a phenomenal job of staying on his feet and Blaydes fought in typical patterns which led to him getting slept.

MMA 101: Watch Lewis make a perfect read on Blaydes penetration step… that’s excellent fight IQ

ShortSmoothCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Black Beast has deceptively good timing, and in that Blaydes fight he was just studying Blayde's entry and timed that uppercut perfectly. It may seem like he's not doing well but often opponents get lulled into the false sense of security, and then they wake up staring at this man and his hot balls. Not to say that he'll catch Gane, but 5 rounds is a long time to be mistake free
1494649250330.jpg

He rarely looks good but manages to win most the time

Gane is such a bad matchup for him. He’s gonna get tko’d.

Completely on topic: TS, you should shoop Carrot Tops ' hair onto Steve H.

makes sense because Lewis only has that classic punchers chance . Gotta believe he can put the fear of god in Gane to beat him <45>
Gane dosnt mind a less fan pleasing fight though or rely on takedowns. he will stay in range when needed and win .
Yeah Gane is definitely more technical, he is absolutely the favorite.

But Lewis has beat a lot of guys that are better then him on paper.

Either way hopefully this will be a fun scrap.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(now imagine Ganes jab)
giphy.gif

still looks bad for lewis in real time but to be fair there was an eye poke)
giphy.gif

The two times Derrik Lewis connected clean: I think the Gifs speak for themselves . These shots wont land on Gane especially the KO. Gane would never go for such a telegraphed takedown especially when with a HW like Lewis. Gane's intelligent he knows Lewis is dangerous as hell in the pocket .
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

those follow up shots..... "That's Herb Deans fault" <{JustBleed}>
The real good and impressive improvement by Lewis: His takedown defense, he doesn't even need to get up anymore .
giphy.gif

Now i know what your thinking... "carrotman you fucking idiot Lewis always looks bad until he knocks the opponent the fuck out" ... and i know but look at these gifs.. better yet go re watch the fight on youtube .. This shit will not work with Gane. Just like it didnt work with JDS , Hunt or DC

No, I think your comparison is a good observation. Each fighter will have different openings but Gane's holes are less than Blaydes. It looks like a style match up nightmare for Lewis unless we see something Lewis do differently.

He never looks classically "good".

Blaydes was never in control of that fight, even while winning the first round. It was a great fight for Lewis. And that made it a good look for him.

Stop seeing the fucking trees for the forest (or is it vice versa?)

No, I think your comparison is a good observation. Each fighter will have different openings but Gane's holes are less than Blaydes. It looks like a style match up nightmare for Lewis unless we see something Lewis do differently.
100% thank you for actually understanding my point
l@nd0

25 minutes is a long time not to make a mistake, especially in the biggest fight of your career, while you’re still a prospect.

Back