Max Holloway vs. Korean Zombie? How would that go?

The only time I recall Holloway on his back was against Dennis Burmdez and Mcgregor... He's obviously evolved from that point, but KZ's wrestling and grappling seemed to be a level or two above Ige's ground game where Dan often has the upper hand...

I don't see zombie taking Holloway down, he has amazing takedown defense.

And on the feet I think max would destroy zombie.

besides a very shop worn and old Frankie Edgar and Aldo, Bermudez is the best wrestler that Max has fought in the UFC

I do think KZ 2.0 might have a chance to smother Max and submit him, but if he can't he is screwed.

pcdC8Br.gif

Easy win for Max.

I think you underestimate how difficult it will be for Zombie to take Max down. Aside from his bullet proff TDD, Max has some the best understanding of range in all of MMA. Wouldn't be surprised to see KZ stuck behind jab for five rounds.

I could seen the general consensus on why most folks would think Max would torch KZ on the feet, but I'm sure it's predicated upon I'm how he last performed against Brian Ortega.

But that was just one fight where he was off, having only 2 hours of sleep in a span of 48 hours. That well times elbow from Ortega didn't help with his performance shortly there after.

But c'mon, it's not like Brian decimated on Kz on the feet. He basically outpointed him with basic simple stick n moves with a lil flare. Minus that one off from KZ, and it's a completely different narrative.

I believe KZ has more thunder in his fists compared to Dustin and see a similar showing from Dustin vs. Max 2. It's going to be a bit more calculated with spurts of action.

I don't think KZ is going to get torched on the feet. Even though Max took his striking to a whole new level, no one ever dominated KZ on the feet, unless you think stick n move, stick and move for the majority of the fight is dominating. KZ wasn't fighting at his best that night.

So aside from what most would think, I see a competitive fight on the feet. But if KZ starts to land hard, it'll be more damaging compared to what Dustin did to Max. And if he slips, and falls down, it's going to be KZ's world...

Very intriguing match up...

Okay one more time and the cognitive word is "if". Do I need to spell out the sentence for crying out loud?

You gawd damn dumb sum bitches. I know there's at least a few of yous out there...

Okay one more time and the cognitive word is "if". Do I need to spell out the sentence for crying out loud?

Lol you're making KZ out to be like Khabib on the mat. Nobody at FW can barely get Max down let alone hold him there for minutes on end, KZ wouldn't come close to repeating what he did to Ige.

I'm a fan of both guys but current KZ's chances to win that fight are very slim.

It'd be hard not to edge KZ on the ground because we simply haven't seen Max there in most of his recent fights, he's a Brown Belt and has amazing cardio so wouldn't be surprised if he managed to make it a stalemate and they'd get stood up.. Max is a far tougher opponent to get down than wee Ige was imo and I think his pressure and output will make it really hard for KZ to time any kind of shoot or trip.

Lol you're making KZ out to be like Khabib on the mat. Nobody at FW can barely get Max down let alone hold him there for minutes on end, KZ wouldn't come close to repeating what he did to Ige.

I'm a fan of both guys but current KZ's chances to win that fight are very slim.
It's all good baby. I can respect that...

Back