Is anyone else secretly hyped about this weeks main event?

Ahmed Masood

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Probably the two most technical strikers in the HW division, one has movement like a LW and an underrated all round arsenal, and the other who utilizes his height and fundamentals better than arguably anyone at HW(particularly in his last 2 performances).

I actually think Volkov might get the upset but it’s very much 50:50. What do fellow Sherbros think?

P.S. I know Ngannou and Romero are thought of as freak athletes, but for Gane to look as well rounded and technically sound as he does, on the feet and on the ground, + having decent 5 rd cardio and potential KO power, for an 8-0 guy who started MMA at 28 and Muay Thai at 26, is he secretly a freak athlete (both mentally and physically)?

Yeah, it's a legit fight. Betting on the underdog.

I am very excited. Big Volkov fan and think he's a very underrated fighter and now is really putting things together after a shaky start in the promotion.
^^

I think too much too soon for Gane but will be fine if he squelches that notion.

Reactions: JKS
yeah but not really all that excited about the rest of the card .

I am very excited. Big Volkov fan and think he's a very underrated fighter and now is really putting things together after a shaky start in the promotion.

I feel like one of the few people here who was excited when the UFC signed him and have since been pretty underwhelmed by him. I think he looked better back as the Bellator champion. Great lateral movement and hand combinations. He's clearly all around a more experienced and skilled fighter today, but I'm not convinced he wouldn't get knocked out by himself from 2010.

i am open to exploring my sexuality but secretly hyped about this fight.

don’t ask don’t tell!

So so. Gane's last fight where he was playing touch butt really turned me off.

Not even secretly, excited for this one! Reckon volkov takes it, way undervalued here given his chops, good bet...

Im quite excited for this fight really. They are 2 hws that are actually good, there's only like 7 good hws rn. High level fight

i couldnt give 2 shits either way. Neither guy has given me any reason to be invested in it

100%, Gane has potential, but Volkox is the vet and is a tough SOB.

If Gane can beat him without going to a decison, he can make a great claim for the title shot.

If Volkov does a number on Gane like he did to Reem, then I think we might see Volkov and Francis, if he beats BB of course. That could be a great fight

Yeah, um, if you admit it publicly....it's not much of a secret.

I think it's a good fight to see where Gane stands at HW. I have only seen one fight and a couple of highlights, in the fight I saw he was very patient. Volkov is pretty quick and long...I would not be surprised if Volkov won.

So yeah, I am fairly excited for it. I like seeing new talent that is highly regarded such as Gane.

Back