Usman fighting for money and not legacy

fullspar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have rated Usman for a while, he worked and fought hard to get to where he is. But it seems with the news coming in that Ali and him are possibly looking at Diaz over Colby is an absolute joke. Clearly he trying to make as much money as he can, and avoid any tough competition.
Leon who is in line for the title fight, just beat the man they want to fight. Clearly they are ducking Leon, ducking Dolby, and hoping Burns deals with WB, and they get a big pay day fighting Nate.

Great legacy Usman is building..
If he wanted to build a legacy and be remembered as a great WW champ, he would sign to fight Colby in the coming months, then if WB beats Burns he can fight WB or Leon in any order.
Luque and Chiesa are fighting soon as well, so he could even fight them if he beats the above 3.

I started to get annoyed with him, when he gave Masvidal an unnecessary title shot. Either Masvidal is on some Conor level where he can demand an instant rematch (which we know he is not) or Usman is looking to pad his title defences and avoid tough competetion. Usman fought Burns in between so its technically not an instant rematch for Usman, but what did Masvidal do? It was an instant rematch for him.

Colby Covington
I know Colby gets a lot of hate, and I can understand why. When he did the whole Trump shtick, and going into the Usman fight, he was annoying and everyone wanted to see Usman shut him up.
But the fight was very close and Colby was even up, and the stoppage was not great, lets face it.
Now Colby has dropped a lot of his Trump talk, and now just name calling everyone and exposing them, I am finding him more entertaining, regardless, people say he doesn't deserve a rematch after beating T Wood? But he deserves it more than Masvidal who did nothing.

I think the Colby fight made Usman realise he can be beaten, and with Burns rocking him early, he knows fighting either Leon, CC 2 or WB, one will likely end in an upset for Usman. Hence why he fought Masvidal twice and is now looking at Nate

Leon Edwards
Poor Leon, boring as hell for a lot of us, but you have to respect his way of winning fights. Since loosing to Usman he has gone undefeated in 9 fights, 10 if you include the no contest.
He has not fought the greatest of fighters, but neither has anyone in the top 5 really as they are all ducking each other in the hope of a title shot. He is also not the most exciting of fighter both in and outside the cage.
Regardless, he has done enough in the WW division to fight Usman over Masvidal's rematch, some may argue not ahead of WB or CC, but he is still due a title shot.

Usman has 3 current top fighters ready to challenge him, and a 4th if you include Luque and Chiesa, you also have Chimaev who maybe a hype job or a real threat, and in the time of the above fights, we will see if Chimaev is worthy.
He can build a great legacy if he beats them all, like Izzy has done cleaning out the MW division. But for some reason Usman seems to not want to face them, and clean out the WW division.

Khabib Nurmagomedov
Khabib is a great example of a fighter who chose legacy over money, he had Conor desperate for the rematch. He had a red panty night begging him, any other fighter would have jumped at it, Khabib told him to go and win some fights then lets see. Say all you want about Khabib, but that shows you what legacy is. Idiots will say he was ducking, but no one would duck a red panty night unless you cared nothing about money and only about legacy and refused to fight someone straight after you beat them.

TLDR

Usman has become a joke and possibly wants to fight Diaz now
He is clearly ducking Colby, Leon and hoping Burns takes WB's head off so he can avoid WB too
He just wants easy money fights that pad his title defences
He has no honour
He does not care about legacy and beating the top WW fighters and cleaning out the division like Izzy in MW
He does not want to face anyone and everyone, as past great legacy fighters like GSP, SIlva, Jones etc have.

Fuk Leon and Colby they are easy fights for him and he has already beaten them... If he wants legacy fight Khamzat Chimaev!

Fight Borz

Last edited:
Usman ain't no joke. He's fought everyone the UFC has put in front of him since becoming champ and beaten a host of top contenders. So he wants to fight Diaz for a payday? Who can blame him. Yeah would suck for Edwards. But not for Usman...

Rockhold says hi

GOAT wants to become GOAT.. Rockhold has to be title picture that is the only way he will get time with Borz.. Rockhold should be fighting Maia and folks who are about to retire

"I gotta get paid.." - Usman

r68NFzLlaRl5rbIzo-cfgwjbTkKGafwT-8g-2avSA1eaCJHEnoS0heTcDw26FwDH5WUYmHTRVwZN8YJpXASR-RUkmwAY15EyZYSx-Ky1sZRcGY59GdE73kI-wl4sY5BQ_jfoipd2fGqCb03eG0zTkolAAEcWJBb6GQA

Eh whatever man, His prerogative at the end of the day. Get paid Usman, not gonna knock the guy for that.

But I don’t want to hear how amazing his legacy is when he’s beating Jorge Masvidal off unearned title shots or Nate Diaz.

GOAT wants to become GOAT.. Rockhold has to be title picture that is the only way he will get time with Borz.. Rockhold should be fighting Maia and folks who are about to retire

I smesh everyone...170/185 doesnt matter i smesh em all...

Rockhold fight contract comes..

Khamzat " i stay at 170lbs"

Lmfao...

Beating rockhold at 185 brings him.closer to the title then fighting a gerald or top 10 ranked WW ...nice try tho

So let me get this straight .. beat a washed up Woodley to win the belt .. 3 out of 4 WW title defenses have come against career LWs = WW GOAT? Wow UFC has you casuals all over the place.

Well he always was trying his best to copy Conor, I guess he is just following his path for money
51281807-1204-4B7C-8921-6A751AD20217.gif

Good for the fighter, bad for the sport

Good. He should just chase money fights and dip. Fuck Dana White.

What do you expect him to fight for?!
Whilst I understand that he wants as much money as he can, and that's fair enough.
If he focused on building a legacy like GSP, long term he could make probably the same money ducking top contenders and fighting the likes of Diaz, Masvidal etc.
He must not be confident in himself to achieve this, hence why he his is looking to fight the loser from a fight where a top contender in Leon beat him.

I love Diaz, and yes it would be great to see Diaz get gifted this over Leon just for gigles. But its ridiculous when you have worthy, deserving ranked WW opponents waiting in line. Nate is not even a WW, and never beaten a true WW (Conor is not a true WW). For the sport its a joke, and becoming like Jake bros BS if stuff like this happens. Keep it real and let the real contenders fight for the gold, stop this Disney crap.

Don't be surprised if you see him and one of the Paul brothers in a Boxing ring

I have rated Usman for a while, he worked and fought hard to get to where he is. But it seems with the news coming in that Ali and him are possibly looking at Diaz over Colby is an absolute joke. Clearly he trying to make as much money as he can, and avoid any tough competition.
Leon who is in line for the title fight, just beat the man they want to fight. Clearly they are ducking Leon, ducking Dolby, and hoping Burns deals with WB, and they get a big pay day fighting Nate.

Great legacy Usman is building..
If he wanted to build a legacy and be remembered as a great WW champ, he would sign to fight Colby in the coming months, then if WB beats Burns he can fight WB or Leon in any order.
Luque and Chiesa are fighting soon as well, so he could even fight them if he beats the above 3.

I started to get annoyed with him, when he gave Masvidal an unnecessary title shot. Either Masvidal is on some Conor level where he can demand an instant rematch (which we know he is not) or Usman is looking to pad his title defences and avoid tough competetion. Usman fought Burns in between so its technically not an instant rematch for Usman, but what did Masvidal do? It was an instant rematch for him.

Colby Covington
I know Colby gets a lot of hate, and I can understand why. When he did the whole Trump shtick, and going into the Usman fight, he was annoying and everyone wanted to see Usman shut him up.
But the fight was very close and Colby was even up, and the stoppage was not great, lets face it.
Now Colby has dropped a lot of his Trump talk, and now just name calling everyone and exposing them, I am finding him more entertaining, regardless, people say he doesn't deserve a rematch after beating T Wood? But he deserves it more than Masvidal who did nothing.

I think the Colby fight made Usman realise he can be beaten, and with Burns rocking him early, he knows fighting either Leon, CC 2 or WB, one will likely end in an upset for Usman. Hence why he fought Masvidal twice and is now looking at Nate

Leon Edwards
Poor Leon, boring as hell for a lot of us, but you have to respect his way of winning fights. Since loosing to Usman he has gone undefeated in 9 fights, 10 if you include the no contest.
He has not fought the greatest of fighters, but neither has anyone in the top 5 really as they are all ducking each other in the hope of a title shot. He is also not the most exciting of fighter both in and outside the cage.
Regardless, he has done enough in the WW division to fight Usman over Masvidal's rematch, some may argue not ahead of WB or CC, but he is still due a title shot.

Usman has 3 current top fighters ready to challenge him, and a 4th if you include Luque and Chiesa, you also have Chimaev who maybe a hype job or a real threat, and in the time of the above fights, we will see if Chimaev is worthy.
He can build a great legacy if he beats them all, like Izzy has done cleaning out the MW division. But for some reason Usman seems to not want to face them, and clean out the WW division.

Khabib Nurmagomedov
Khabib is a great example of a fighter who chose legacy over money, he had Conor desperate for the rematch. He had a red panty night begging him, any other fighter would have jumped at it, Khabib told him to go and win some fights then lets see. Say all you want about Khabib, but that shows you what legacy is. Idiots will say he was ducking, but no one would duck a red panty night unless you cared nothing about money and only about legacy and refused to fight someone straight after you beat them.

TLDR

Usman has become a joke and possibly wants to fight Diaz now
He is clearly ducking Colby, Leon and hoping Burns takes WB's head off so he can avoid WB too
He just wants easy money fights that pad his title defences
He has no honour
He does not care about legacy and beating the top WW fighters and cleaning out the division like Izzy in MW
He does not want to face anyone and everyone, as past great legacy fighters like GSP, SIlva, Jones etc have.
Disgruntled Covington fanboy babble.

The Khabib part makes no sense. If Khabib cared about his legacy he would've moved up and fought Usman, not force GSP to cut to 155 then quit the sport. I guarantee you if Conor somehow becomes champ Khabib will return.

Anyway, Usman said he wants to fight Colby, Leon & Whittaker. All of this you see on social media is just negotiation tactics by Ali, don't overthink it, it's not that big of a deal.

So let me get this straight .. beat a washed up Woodley to win the belt .. 3 out of 4 WW title defenses have come against career LWs = WW GOAT? Wow UFC has you casuals all over the place.

If you fight more then 1 fight at WW back to back...your nor longer a LW lol

Imagine saying burns is a LW...lol...

ee31b-16132950354958.jpeg

Usman isnt WW goat i agree there..he needs to past GSPs defense record against ranked opponents to do that

Technically, Usman has beaten both Colby and Leon already. The Leon fight though was a long time ago and both have improved even though I’d still favor Usman.

But Colby isn’t deserving of a rematch just yet. He got dropped twice in the first fight and Usman literally broke his face. He’s only beaten a past prime Woodley since then while Usman has beaten far tougher competition.

Considering how active Usman has been this year, I’d give him the Nate fight as a token of appreciation followed by Leon.

The only other fighter in the division Usman hasn’t fought is Wonderboy. Given his age, I’d like to see that fight happen sooner rather than later.

Well i said, some may disagree with Colby getting a rematch. So do you think Masivdial should have gotten his rematch with Usman after losing? Or think Diaz should get a title shot after losing to a ranked 3 WW on 9 fight win streak?
Surely you cannot say Masvidal and Diaz should go ahead of Colby

Technically, Usman has beaten both Colby and Leon already. The Leon fight though was a long time ago and both have improved even though I’d still favor Usman.

But Colby isn’t deserving of a rematch just yet. He got dropped twice in the first fight and Usman literally broke his face. He’s only beaten a past prime Woodley since then while Usman has beaten far tougher competition.

Considering how active Usman has been this year, I’d give him the Nate fight as a token of appreciation followed by Leon.
Maybe Colby isn't, but its ridiculous to put Diaz over Colby regardless. If your not gonna give it to WB or Leon, why would you give it to Diaz? Who Leon just beat? So the next logical person is Colby, who gave Usman a tough fight, and won his last fight.

If you fight more then 1 fight at WW back to back...your nor longer a LW lol

Imagine saying burns is a LW...lol...

View attachment 863185

Usman isnt WW goat i agree there..he needs to past GSPs defense record against ranked opponents to do that
Lol who made you in charge of the rules? Burns wouldn’t even win the PFL WW tourney smh

Back