Ngannou vs Gane next?

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When Gane will easily beat Volkov how do you see this fight going?

I predict Ngannou knocking out Derick Lewis in August or September then defeats Gane in December or January and defeats Stipe again in rematch on March 2022 and becomes the HW goat.
<RomeroSalute>

Makes sense, but Dana seems pretty set on Ngannou vs Lewis first.

According to Chael Sonnen, Stipe is back full time in training camp and he's also bulking... so maybe Stipe next after Lewis?

Yeah, I think it's a forgone conclusion whoever wins faces Ngannou. Jones clearly doesn't want it. I'm sure he'll be tweeting after the main event Saturday though.

I thought about this also whoever wins this fight could go for belt right away but I like see Lewis fight first the way he knocked out Blaydes was so brutallollll same with Ngannou v stipe they both annihilated there last opponents I don’t think u can get more vicious with those two KOs

I am not so sure the winner is next for the belt. Depending on the winner's performance and on timing, it could be Stipe, or even Jones (yeah long shot).

I think whoever wins can call for the shot on saturday....

Will they i dunno..

Both are fresh and intriguing match ups for ngannou so id like to see either

Outside of Jones ofcourse

we want ngannou vs cocain jones but dana is going to make ngnannou vs lewis 2

i think both ngannou and gane are going to win their next fights so it will be hopefully booked for early 2022

Yeah, I think it's a forgone conclusion whoever wins faces Ngannou. Jones clearly doesn't want it. I'm sure he'll be tweeting after the main event Saturday though.

<{clintugh}>

why people even mention him in the conversion is pathetic !!

8+ years and for some dumb ass reason people still biting on the trolling

<seedat>

If Gane wins he should be next.

Theres a built in story, Ganes head coach was Francis' head coach, before a contentious split when he moved to America.

He would be undefeated (9-0).

He is currently is ranked #3, he's fighting Volkov (#5). Who else does Gane have to beat at that point to get a title shot?

Same applies to Volkov, he's been in the organization for five years, and spent the past four years in the top fifteen. If he beats Gane he becomes #3 and at that point how do you say no to a guy whose worked his way to the top over five years; he's certainly paid his dues fighting nearly everyone.

If Stipe or Jones want a title shot, they should fight the loser of Gane/Volkov, let them earn it.

No, both Jon and Stipe do not deserve automatic title shots anymore, the HW landscape has changed. #3-#10 have never fought for a belt and half of them are on multi fight win streaks.

Both men should earn it. Does Stipe, a perpetually inactive champ, really think the UFC is going to just put him in another title fight. If he wins does Ngannou now get a rematch? No one wants to see that nor does Stipe deserve that.

I think whoever wins can call for the shot on saturday....

Will they i dunno..

Both are fresh and intriguing match ups for ngannou so id like to see either

Outside of Jones ofcourse

Both have been very clear that they will be.

If Gane wins he should be next.

Theres a built in story, Ganes head coach was Francis' head coach, before a contentious split when he moved to America.

He would be undefeated (9-0).

He is currently is ranked #3, he's fighting Volkov (#5). Who else does Gane have to beat at that point to get a title shot?

Same applies to Volkov, he's been in the organization for five years, and spent the past four years in the top fifteen. If he beats Gane he becomes #3 and at that point how do you say no to a guy whose worked his way to the top over five years; he's certainly paid his dues fighting nearly everyone.

If Stipe or Jones want a title shot, they should fight the loser of Gane/Volkov, let them earn it.

No, both Jon and Stipe do not deserve automatic title shots anymore, the HW landscape has changed. #3-#10 have never fought for a belt and half of them are on multi fight win streaks.

Both men should earn it. Does Stipe, a perpetually inactive champ, really think the UFC is going to just put him in another title fight. If he wins does Ngannou now get a rematch? No one wants to see that nor does Stipe deserve that.

How do you feel about Jones vs Stipe...winner gets the shot?

I have a feeling they may do this...

According to Chael Sonnen, Stipe is back full time in training camp and he's also bulking... so maybe Stipe next after Lewis?

So if Stipe gets put in this hypothetical rubber match and wins does Ngannou get a rematch?

Stipe needs to fight the loser of Gane/Volkov if he is serious about becoming champion again, because he has faced only two unique opponents in the last four years. If he doesn't want to do that, he had a great career.

Jon also should fight a contender, the loser of Gane/Volkov, and demonstrate he can compete with HWs. Jon does have a HW build, but he's spent his entire career cutting down so he could beat up on smaller guys.

How do you feel about Jones vs Stipe...winner gets the shot?

I have a feeling they may do this...

That would be a gift to both of them, one neither man deserves. If they do that, the Gane/Volkov winner needs to fight Francis in the interim.

The HW division needs to start putting on real title fights between two opponents who both have earned it.

That would be a gift to both of them, one neither man deserves. If they do that, the Gane/Volkov winner needs to fight Francis in the interim.

The HW division needs to start putting on real title fights between two opponents who both have earned it.

Your last sentence i agree on...

But if Jones can beat stipe or the reverse i think that puts them in the mix for a shot...

Theres lewis to consider in all this as well..

It could/should go..

Ngannou vs lewis 2

Winner of ngannou/lewis vs winner of volkov/gane

Winner of ngannou\lewis and winer of volkov \gane vs winner of Jones vs stipe

But Dana exists so we likely get 1 or none of these fights lol

A "perpetually inactive" champ? Because he had the rough average of defending every 7 months, except when he had the gall to risk going blind in one eye? Everyone was drooling about how Ngannou was going to crank out the defenses so much more than him, yet it looks like it'll take longer for him to fight his first title challenge than it did Miocic...

Rather say "perceptually inactive", because how you view his reign(s) doesn't hold up to the truth.

Back