I got Gane out-speeding the big slow Volkov

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Volkov seems to be a popular pick lately for this marquee HW match up.

I think Gane is going to get in and out and pick his shots against Volkov using his speed, movement and tactfulness.

Volkov is pretty flat footed and slow but he’s super rangey and has a great chin.

Gane vs Ngannou/Lewis next up

it's nearly impossible to do against a guy that tall and that "knows how to use his reach" in a small Apex octagon

I usually bet against Volkov but I fancy him in this, he has a tendency to move forward quite a lot and put on a fair bit of pressure, I think he could have Gane on the backfoot.

I think Gane is going to get in and out and pick his shots against Volkov using his speed, movement and tactfulness.

Volkov is pretty flat footed and slow but he’s super rangey and has a great chin.

Agreed. But i want gane vs stipe first.

i got volkov finishing gane within 2.

Volkov is probably going to need to turn it into a war to have a good chance I'd agree, he did do that against Reem but Allistair has I think always had problems when opponents pressure him in MMA.

Most obviously I do think Gane has better lateral movement than Reem who was always very prone to backing off in straight lines.

If Volkov comes in bulked up like he did against Reem he's got a great shot imo, that newfound power with his range was pretty impressive.

There are question marks about Gane, while we know where Volkov is at, as he is a 40-fight veteran in MMA. We don't know how good is Gane's chin and how he would fare against rangy, technical and intelligent fighter. All in all a fantastic 50:50 fight.

I see him keeping his distance and blitzing in quickly scoring and then disengaging.
Then he will try to mix a up a few td if he needs to.

Gane ud imo via superior speed and iq
This is how I picture the fight going as well. Be interesting to see how the size difference plays out in the fight in the small cage.

Back