Media Weidman still at risk of losing his leg

Luckyme

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
From https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...losing-his-leg-that-would-mean-amputation-mma

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman is going to the gym on a regular basis, hitting pads and working out with his teammates. When he’s not working up a sweat on the mats, the “All American” is out playing 18 holes of golf.

Not bad for a guy with a broken leg.
Weidman, who snapped his leg completely in half by kicking Uriah Hall at the UFC 261 pay-per-view (PPV) event back in April, Still has metal rods holding him together and is working toward getting the blood supply back to his injured leg.

If not, bad things will happen.

“There’s still a lot of things I’m going to have to deal with,” Weidman told MMA Fighting. “Like even taking out that piece of bone that’s floating in there, that’s the most minimal thing I’m thinking about but it’s something. The blood supply coming back to my leg completely is the big thing — I’m not even worried about it but that would be the biggest issue. That would mean amputation. So let’s just keep praying that I get full blood supply back.”

It’s a road Weidman, 37, has been down before.

That’s exactly what happened to my thumb,” Weidman continued. I have a hip bone that’s in this thumb right here because bone did deteriorate and blood supply did not come back after I fought Kelvin Gastelum. The tibia bone it’s the most likely bone not to take and to have issues getting blood supply coming back after breaking it. I figured I kicked it as hard as I can and I know I kick hard so it’s a very traumatic fracture. That being said, I think I’m good. The doctor said he thinks there is some healing going on in there and there’s some rebuilding of bone so that’s a very good sign.”

Weidman (15-6) plans to make a full recovery and find his way back to mixed martial arts (MMA) in late 2022, following in the footsteps of fighters like Anderson Silva and Corey Hill, who suffered similar leg injuries, though it’s a decision that could be out of his control.

“I’m trying to control everything I can control on my own,” Weidman said. “That’s all I can do and stay positive. Keep praying. That’s really all I can do. I’m eating healthy now, I’m on this new diet. A diet that really fights against inflammation, I guess an anti-inflammation diet is the best way to explain it. I’m up on my leg like my doctor told me to so I’m doing everything I possibly can. We’ll see what happens.”

Weidman is just 2-5 since losing his 185-pound title to Luke Rockhold back in late 2015.

Anderson-Silva-when-he-sees-Chris-Weidman-meme-9886.png

According to Big John McCarthy it ain't no thang tho

There are plenty of jokes to make of this, but this is simply to serious. I wish him a full recovery and hope to see him back fully functional. After his latest showings in the octagon, he should retire instead of damaging himself further.

He's really been aggressive with trying to get back in the swing of things, so I hope he doesn't overdo it.
The issue of proper blood flow not being fully restored and tissue becoming necrotic is a very real threat.
If he ever does come back, I hope it's against Middleweight Johny Hendricks or something and he retires after.

Fighting after an injury like that (At his age and miles on the clock) is more utterly low iq than rocky balboa story of bravery.

Yeah, I don't get it also
- 37, clearly will not fight until 38
- he was already done before the injury
- he made some money from MMA, he could be a wrestling coach, open a gym

For masturbation purposes, I once fell asleep on my hand Until it was numb from lack of blood flow and it took about 45 minutes for the blood supply and feeling to come back to my fingers.

Thankfully, things worked out well for me. I hope Chris has the same luck that I had.

no risk, just a blown up sook story and title to attract traffic

also, 'keep praying' lol
I Had the same break and even re-injured it 5 months after the surgery. This is Just something for the media to cover, dudes not gonna lose it haha.

Healing is funny. He is speaking about anti inflammatory diet but it's the cytokines and chemokines that bring those helpful stuff to heal his injury. I guess that in turn causes the inflammation

For masturbation purposes, I once fell asleep on my hand Until it was numb from lack of blood flow and it took about 45 minutes for the blood supply and feeling to come back to my fingers.

Thankfully, things worked out well for me. I hope Chris has the same luck that I had.

What a life!

Back