Matchups where you knew you favorite fighter was screwed

Mammothman

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For me it was Werdum vs Miocic, when the match was made I knew Miocic was a NIGHTMARE match up for Werdum.

I knew Werdum improved his striking a lot but Miocic is a far better boxer and way more athletic than Werdum and also I knew Miocic wrestling and fight IQ would have been enough to nullify Werdum's jew jit su.

Werdum was a decent favorite going into the fight and most people were picking him but I knew Miocic was gonna fuck him up pretty bad, I was praying someone pulled out and the fight be cancelled.

upload_2021-6-23_17-27-25.png

However I never expected the the fight to go the way it did, that KO shook me to the core.

f22NWm5.gif

For me it was Werdum vs Miocic, when the match was made I knew Miocic was a NIGHTMARE match up for Werdum.

I knew Werdum improved his striking a lot but Miocic is a far better boxer and way more athletic than Werdum and also I knew Miocic wrestling and fight IQ would have been enough to nullify Werdum's jew jit su.

Werdum was a decent favorite going into the fight and most people were picking him but I knew Miocic was gonna fuck him up pretty bad, I was praying someone pulled out and the fight be cancelled.

View attachment 863024

However I never expected the the fight to go the way it did, that KO shook me to the core.

f22NWm5.gif
Stipe vs Ngannou 2. It wasn't just me though, everyone predicted it including DC.

Mirko vs Fedor. Also had a bad feeling about Shogun vs Jones lol especially since Shogun was coming off yet another knee injury and Jones was a completely different style matchup than the original opponent Shadface

Couture Liddel 3. Frankie vs Aldo, Ortega and Holloway. DC vs Miocic 3. Ninja vs Sergei( complete fuck up.. a mw against a true hw with bricks for hands).

Machida vs Jones by a mile.

Machida Era is still real to me dammit!

1501110610331.gif

Mirko vs Fedor. Also had a bad feeling about Shogun vs Jones lol especially since Shogun was coming off yet another knee injury and Jones was a completely different style matchup than the original opponent Shadface

2011 was a nightmarish year for the hardcore pride fans

<JonesLaugh>

Used to be a big Diego fan back in the day. But, I knew Penn was going to kick his ass. I was hoping maybe Diego could land a lucky power shot or something

Back