Media Ciryl Gane on his fight with Volkov

Kind of disappointed he doesn't stick with the heavy french accent.
But his English improve a lot since his debut. You can tell he's working hard on it

Yeah Volkov is a tough challenge, seeing him dismantle Overeem was crazy.

The speed difference will be the key factor here. Volkov is good and powerful but he ain't exactly the flash. Gane will dance around him, jab his face and chop his leg without barely taking a shot. He might even be bigger than Volkov though both guys are massive. I'm bummed that one of them (Volkov most likely) has to lose.

Volkov gonna whup this dudes ass. Gane looks ok so far but this is a big step up

The speed difference will be the key factor here. Volkov is good and powerful but he ain't exactly the flash. Gane will dance around him, jab his face and chop his leg without barely taking a shot. He might even be bigger than Volkov though both guys are massive. I'm bummed that one of them (Volkov most likely) has to lose.
In fan terms its like my two dads fighting lol .Heavyweight isnt exactly over flowing with technical, intelligent strikers like Gane and Volkov. The thing is even though Volkov looks so slow his jab is sharp and always lands in a fight . Not only that but he actually fights with his reach (like Gane) .So its quite possible Gane will circle him an outpoint him for a decision but Volkov WILL land and hes got more stopping power and experience while Gane hasnt been tested , he might win but it wont be easy and he'll get hit .

Winner of this fight is clearly getting the next title shot lol @ fight once or twice more
If Gane wins and fights Francis next, it will look like Francis Stipe 1, with Francis being Stipe.

Volkov will win the first 2 rounds. He will take it easy the 3rd round and get knock the fuck out.

In fan terms its like my two dads fighting lol .Heavyweight isnt exactly over flowing with technical, intelligent strikers like Gane and Volkov. The thing is even though Volkov looks so slow his jab is sharp and always lands in a fight . Not only that but he actually fights with his reach (like Gane) .So its quite possible Gane will circle him an outpoint him for a decision but Volkov WILL land and hes got more stopping power and experience while Gane hasnt been tested , he might win but it wont be easy and he'll get hit .
I'm a fan of both fighters, Gane I bit moreso. I hope you're right though. A close competitive fight is the dream outcome of this matchup.

Let see him get past Volkov first before pulling those kinds of faces, I wonder what your face will look like if Gane ends up Like Overeem after a night out with Volkov

Volkov has quicker hands and a great jab. Gane has better technique, less power, but quicker feet. He also has better kicks and has displayed a better ground game.

Gane should win unless Volkov lures him into a boxing match, which could happen. Volkov usually controls where the fight takes place, except against Blaydes.

Back