Media UFC 264 Free Fight: Dustin Poirier vs Conor Mcgregor 2

Conor was easily outstriking Poirier and trying to put on a show for the fans before his leg gave out.
He will take the trilogy seriously and KO Poirier inside first round.

Conor was not winning the striking as much as people say. It was pretty even, with Poirier landing counter punches as well as kicks.

Yeah it was even until the combination of lowkick and the drop in McGregors confidence started to take effect.

3BAF89CD-227A-414D-94AE-83EFAEF659BE.gif

Honest question: Can anyone explain to me how some guys can take 20 flush low calf kicks and seem unaffected, and other guys take 3 and can't walk? Not referring to Conor specifically, it just made me think about it. Is it as simple as people are different, body composition and toughness varies?

Honest question: Can anyone explain to me how some guys can take 20 flush low calf kicks and seem unaffected, and other guys take 3 and can't walk? Not referring to Conor specifically, it just made me think about it. Is it as simple as people are different, body composition and toughness varies?
Training, how come some guys can grapple for hours and other gas out in the first exchange.
Comes down to reps, clearly some people put reps in and some people don't.
This becomes evident when fighters are exposed for all the holes, and weaknesses they possess.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Have never seen the fight. The umm PPV froze in round 1 and came back on after it was over.

Conor was easily outstriking Poirier and trying to put on a show for the fans before his leg gave out.
If you type this rubbish a hundred more times before the fight. Even you might believe it, but I doubt it. You’re just putting up a brave front, while crapping your pants.

Training, how come some guys can grapple for hours and other gas out n the first exchange.
Comes down to reps, clearly some people put reps in and some people don't.
This becomes evident when fighters are exposed for all the holes, and weaknesses they possess.
To clarify, I'm assuming flush shots, not checking or technique related ways to lessen the blow which could be learned. Are you referring to an ability to build up tolerance just from experiencing the pain in training and being able to deal with it? That would make sense, is it mental or an actual physical change to the leg after repeated blows to the muscle that toughens somehow?

If you type this rubbish a hundred more times before the fight. Even you might believe it, but I doubt it. You’re just putting up a brave front, while crapping your pants.
This guy has been hugging on to Comans nuts all day, here is some examples of said Nuthugger's posts

Conor is not washed up thats just some weird fantasy some casuals seem to have.
His only losses are against Khabib and a competitive fight against #1 ranked Poirier where he was winning untill his leg gave out.

Conor is master at making adjustments like we saw in his rematch against Diaz. Cant see Poirier having any chance at all now that Conor is prepared for the calf kicks and taking the fight seriously.

He looked absolutely insane almost every time he connected Diaz flew on the floor and he was even less exhausted than cardio god Nate at the end. Hell of a performance.

To clarify, I'm assuming flush shots, not checking or technique related ways to lessen the blow which could be learned. Are you referring to an ability to build up tolerance just from experiencing the pain in training and being able to deal with it? That would make sense, is it mental or an actual physical change to the leg after repeated blows to the muscle that toughens somehow?
With legs you can toughen them up to a certain extent, like MT fighters. But its more down to actually checking a kick, no matter how tough your legs are, they will eventually fold.
Conor's were on the calf not the shin, so you cant really toughen up the muscle like you can the shin, its down to technique and Conor not know how to defend them.

So I guess you still toughen up the shin MT style, so when you check the kick, you point the foot outwards, exposing the shin. If you do that, most fighters will probably abandon the kick from fear of breaking their foot on the shin. I am not a striker, I only do grappling, but logically that would be why.

So I guess you still toughen up the shin MT style, so when you check the kick, you point the foot outwards, exposing the shin. If you do that, most fighters will probably abandon the kick from fear of breaking their foot on the shin. I am not a striker, I only do grappling, but logically that would be why.

Checking calf kicks is a tough thing to do. They’re usually way faster than regular low kicks and even when somewhat checking them the foot slaps around the muscle. Being lighter on the lead foot and trying to move away has been more successful for me in sparring.

Poirier landed more significant strikes(17) in round 1 than Conor(15) did. Then he poured it on in round 2 after Conor predictably slowed down.

Checking calf kicks is a tough thing to do. They’re usually way faster than regular low kicks and even when somewhat checking them the foot slaps around the muscle. Being lighter on the lead foot and trying to move away has been more successful for me in sparring.
Ah ok, makes sense in regards to foot still wrappig around regardless of exposing the shin or not.

So its more about being light and movement, something Conor was known for, but he completely neglected any form of in and out movement. Even his probing front kick was non existent

With legs you can toughen them up to a certain extent, like MT fighters. But its more down to actually checking a kick, no matter how tough your legs are, they will eventually fold.
Conor's were on the calf not the shin, so you cant really toughen up the muscle like you can the shin, its down to technique and Conor not know how to defend them.

IMO shin conditioning shouldn’t be a huge focus for Conor going into the trilogy (unless he decides to kick the calf himself which IMO would be a smart game plan considering he had success with the very few he threw in that fight) as traditionally, if the kick is checked correctly, the kick will not damage/hurt the shin of the checker much, whereas it definitely hurts the shin of the kicker and can even result in a break. Conors focus as far as calf kick defence should just be correct checking technique as he started to check them near the end of the second fight, albeit not correctly.

Damn that shit at 7:02 was vintage Conz. I think people are severely underestimating him in the trilogy.

Honest question: Can anyone explain to me how some guys can take 20 flush low calf kicks and seem unaffected, and other guys take 3 and can't walk?
Some guys are game others are not.

some guys are lions till they face adversity.

come guys claim make excuse when it's really a matter of them being quitters.

For all the shit he gets - Pettis is a warrior - check out the beating Barboza put on him (legs, body) with kicks.

Uriah against Aldo.

Koschekc vs Alves

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.47.39 AM.png

Back