Did a Fighter You Were Worried About Whoop Their Opponent's Ass?

qhM9CCF.gif

I was worried as fuck about Wonderboy when he was gonna fight Luque. He'd just been stiffened by Pettis. Got stunned in the 1st round but proceeded to whoop Luque's ass.

Cannonier was getting a tonne of hype and being talked about as the next big thing in the MW ranks prior to the Whittaker fight, then Whittaker put on an absolute clinic on him.

Whitaker vs Jacare. I thought it might be to big of a step up at the time.
I remember actually being kinda worried for yoel before he had his rematch with whitaker. I figured he would be even older and Whitaker's knee would be healed he might put a beating on yoel in the rematch

Overeem-Hunt honestly, maybe sounds dumb in retrospect.

UbeReem versus Brawk, Reem was on something like a 10 fight win streak and in full centaur form, but this was his first UFC fight, against a huge athletic D1 Viking. I’d been a huge Reem fan since his early Pride days, I actually hosted a fight party for this event, my casual friends had Brawk easily wrestlephuking and beating the Reem. I OC proclaimed that Overeem would expose Lesnars rudimentary striking and bully the bully, stopping him faster than Cain did. When the main event started I was actually getting worried that Reem would get the UFC jitters, or underperform, luckily Alister did exactly what he was expected to.

Nate Diaz vs Melvin Guillard. Nate had dropped two in a row and Melvin was on a three fight win streak. I was like welp, Nate is out of the UFC.

I was kinda worried for Moreno in the rematch.

Also, Edgar/Penn 1 and 2. Was super worried for Chael when he faced Silva the first time.

Back