Media Chael's take on Leon getting no love

fullspar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not the most insightful, but thought I would share for the Leon fans, as you can understand his point.

- Most improved fighter goes to Belal Muhammad, started make himself heard calling for shots
- Belal hates Leon cause of the eye poke
- Belal says Leon lost more fans than he gained from the Diaz fight
- Burns said Leon didn't look hungry enough against Diaz
- Chael thinks Leon stayed composed
- Doesn't know why people hate Leon and Blaydes so much
- Ngannou is scary, and Blaydes trying to fight him again
- Leon taking all the opportunities, has won all his fights in the last 5 years
- People are just looking for things to pick on Leon, just cause he doesnt go out like Conor and try to finish the fight early then gas

Last edited:
Chael needs a damn co host. Dude puts out too many vids. One man can only do that for so long before it becomes alot of bullshit lol

Chael needs a damn co host. Dude puts out too many vids. One man can only do that for so long before it becomes alot of bullshit lol
Yeah he does seem to spew out a lot talk, for the sake of it sometimes.

I agree with uncle chael here, it seems for every 2 wacked out takes he has theres 1 thats sensible and on point.

Not the most insightful, but thought I would share for the Leon fans, as you can understand his point.

- Most improved fighter goes to Belal Muhammad, started make himself heard calling for shots
- Belal hates Leon cause of the eye poke
- Belal says Leon lost more fans than he gained from the Diaz fight
- Burns said Leon didn't look hungry enough against Diaz
- Chael thinks Leon stayed composed
- Doesn't know why people hate Leon and Blaydes so much
- Ngannou is scary, and Blaydes trying to fight him again
- Leon taking all the opportunities, has won all his fights in the last 5 years
- People are just looking for things to pick on Leon, just cause he doesnt go out like Conor and try to finish the fight early then gas

Most fans hate on Leon because they are doing as their told.. Colby and Masvidal told and led fans into hating on Leon.. And the blind sheep among us did exactly that

Can't form an opinion of their own so just jump onto whatever fighter they like to deepthroat says

Most fans hate on Leon because they are doing as their told.. Colby and Masvidal told and led fans into hating on Leon.. And the blind sheep among us did exactly that

Can't form an opinion of their own so just jump onto whatever fighter they like to deepthroat says
I completely agree to a certain extent, and whilst I am not a fan of Leon, you still have to respect he is doing everything to win his fights.
I am not a fan because CC or Masvidal have led me to not be one, I just haven't taken a liken to him for while, before he sat out waiting for a title shot.
There is a genuine hate towards him for the fact some see him as boring, or not had any big wins etc.
But some of the hate, like you say, comes from other fighters influences.

Why does Belal hate him for an eye poke?

It was a fluke one, he was going for a head kick, there's no way he'd be able to purposely go for a head kick and pull off an eyepoke to that success on purpose. It was a mistake, shit happens in fights unfortunately. He had his hand out for balance for the headkick, it wasn't an intentional eye poke and I don't think people can really say it was, regardless if you like Leon or not.

I completely agree to a certain extent, and whilst I am not a fan of Leon, you still have to respect he is doing everything to win his fights.
I am not a fan because CC or Masvidal have led me to not be one, I just haven't taken a liken to him for while, before he sat out waiting for a title shot.
There is a genuine hate towards him for the fact some see him as boring, or not had any big wins etc.
But some of the hate, like you say, comes from other fighters influences.

.. And that's cool

But not everyone like you has logic behind it.. You might not take to Leon or be a fan

But to say he's a can or that he's shite, is just plain blind hating... Some of his technique is fucking beautiful to watch and its not like he's doing these techniques against nobodies.

I personally think 90% of the hate is because like I said.. They were told not to like him by other fighters and instead of actually watching Leon, its easier to just go with what other fighters are saying.

Its not just for Leon either.. I've seen it with countless other fighters including Jon Jones

Yeah needs a Moderator or someone to make a counter point for sure.

Back