Renato Moicano having a "good" jab

Renato Moicano: Jab issues - YouTube
A short but excellent video for you all in anticipation of Moicano's squash match this Saturday
FearlessEdibleGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif

I watched it without sound because that’s how I’ve heard people watch fights when scoring them. So this method should work!

I got the feeling that whoever made the video was reaching for something that wasn’t quite there. Like Moicano has a good jab and likes to use it a lot, but you can kick his legs? If you try to punch him he’ll kick your legs? Because he doesn’t like it when you try to punch him.

Ah, he’s vulnerable to.. uh, punches over his hands or between his hands.. Or openings of some kind. *checks tape of Moicano getting tagged with and overhand right* - yup, there it is!

So you’re telling me this is a great short video about Moicano and his jab… wait.. You made this? Oh. I still think it’s over simplified, dumbed down and not really much of an analysation.

Maybe I should’ve watched it with sound on…
<5>

So “good” it basically tells you when to hit him.
UnsungGloriousIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

834e63b86fd6c7ab7138920da57316ad.gif

SmartGrouchyGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Jvm
I watched it without sound because that’s how I’ve heard people watch fights when scoring them. So this method should work!

I got the feeling that whoever made the video was reaching for something that wasn’t quite there. Like Moicano has a good jab and likes to use it a lot, but you can kick his legs? If you try to punch him he’ll kick your legs? Because he doesn’t like it when you try to punch him.

Ah, he’s vulnerable to.. uh, punches over his hands or between his hands.. Or openings of some kind. *checks tape of Moicano getting tagged with and overhand right* - yup, there it is!

So you’re telling me this is a great short video about Moicano and his jab… wait.. You made this? Oh. I still think it’s over simplified, dumbed down and not really much of an analysation.

Maybe I should’ve watched it with sound on…
<5>
If anything the video was meant to mock the idea of the jab being so important in MMA. It obviously is but Moicano is a guy that is so focused on using his and also shutting down his opponents that he ends up a massive defensive liability and has been punished for it repeatedly. It's not meant to be anything too detailed and I miss out a lot that could be mentioned, it's only a brief not too serious overview.

Back