Vitor wants Anderson rematch in boxing

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.mmanews.com/2021/06/vitor-belfort-targets-boxing-match-with-anderson-silva/
Belfort said he’d like to fight Silva again but this time, inside a boxing ring (via BJPenn.com).

“I think (we’ll face each other in boxing). They say the rematch is something everyone likes. It’s not the dish we eat, it’s the dish you eat. My message (for Anderson) is: see you soon.”

Back in February 2011, Belfort challenged Silva for the UFC Middleweight Championship. Belfort was on the receiving end of one of the most spectacular knockouts in the history of pro MMA competition. Silva knocked out Belfort with a front kick to the jaw in the first round.

Belfort is scheduled to take on boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya in an exhibition match on September 11. “The Phenom” has even opened up as the slight betting favorite. The bout will be promoted by Triller. Belfort was initially expected to meet YouTuber Tarzann, but he took a bigger opportunity against the “Golden Boy.”

I’m down to see the GOAT KO Vitor again. Book it!
56C5C007-C77E-45C8-B36A-3E158C27DFD2.gif

I like it. Boxing really is a different animal, and Vitor seems to see something he can exploit. I'd like to see Vitor in submission contests also.

2 MMA fighters competing against each other ing boxing? Wont work Vitor, thats not how this works.

Needs to be a Boxer and a MMA fighter, that up kick from Silva really messed with Vitor's brains

Someone refresh my memory on this but was there any real animosity between Silva and Vitor? Or was it just a fighters mentality where they have to turn their opponent into a literal "enemy"? I know there was some conflict involving Chute Boxe and Vitor being a little more popular right?

Someone refresh my memory on this but was there any real animosity between Silva and Vitor? Or was it just a fighters mentality where they have to turn their opponent into a literal "enemy"? I know there was some conflict involving Chute Boxe and Vitor being a little more popular right?
Anderson called him a playboy and wore a mask at the weigh ins.

I remember doing a photoshop of them breakdancing with the Jabbawockeez too. Gotta go find that

Interesting . I dont know who wins especially if the vitor on the gravy. Vitor doesnt have to worry about kicks but range could be problematic. This is a boxing bout between 2 past their prime mma legends that I'd have alot of interest in.

Color me- IN-

Serious?

I'd watch it, but it would have to be an undercard match to a bigger/better matchup. The more they do these things, the more people are going to realize that 40/50 somethings can't carry the show. After about round 4 (if they're in shape), the shots pitter patter, its a bunch of grabbing, holding... and they hug when the bell sounds for the fight (probably because they're dead tired and want it to be over)! You need young jobbers, if you really want to make this model work.

Back