Sean Strickland Reputation

Deep Triangle

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Saw a number of people in the thread about Orlando Sanchez’s response to the incident commenting on Strickland’s reputation as a shit talker/gym bully/ego. Do these comments have any foundation? He certainly seems unlikable from what I’ve seen of him in the octagon and personally but anyone got gym stories to back this up? Not a fan of Orlando by the way and I saw similar statements being made about his gym reputation.

You haven’t paid attention then, he was around for awhile before he took some time off, was a decent contender at that time. He seems to be even better now and poised to go on a run.

I guess he never made an impression.. Is he a wrestler? That's probably why I haven't paid attention lol

part of me really thinks that this was arranged to get buzz. It’s all over the internet and I also haven’t heard of Strickland before. Maybe he is trying to have a heel persona and make people hate him and buy the fight hoping he will lose

part of me really thinks that this was arranged to get buzz. It’s all over the internet and I also haven’t heard of Strickland before. Maybe he is trying to have a heel persona and make people hate him and buy the fight hoping he will lose

Dick move regardless of the circumstances, Strickland shoulda lit big dude up

Strickland trains at a lot of gyms and I never heard anyone say anything negative about him that knew him personally. Seems like most shit talking is done by people online from what I've noticed. Anyone watching what happened knows who was in the wrong in that situation. Fights happen in sparring sessions all the time when people cross the line. That doesn't make him a gym bully.

Saw a number of people in the thread about Orlando Sanchez’s response to the incident commenting on Strickland’s reputation as a shit talker/gym bully/ego. Do these comments have any foundation? He certainly seems unlikable from what I’ve seen of him in the octagon and personally but anyone got gym stories to back this up? Not a fan of Orlando by the way and I saw similar statements being made about his gym reputation.

Bisping is the one who got Sean access to that private gym. Bisping knows him personally and says Sean likes to talk alot of $hit. That's just him.

He ran into a guy in Sanchez who is just like Sean and we got the result of it. Don't feel bad for Sean after hearing how he was acting in a gym he's never been too.

Last edited:
Strickland trains at a lot of gyms and I never heard anyone say anything negative about him that knew him personally. Seems like most shit talking is done by people online from what I've noticed. Anyone watching what happened knows who was in the wrong in that situation. Fights happen in sparring sessions all the time when people cross the line. That doesn't make him a gym bully.

Bisping knows him and says he talks alot of smack like himself lol.

One of the better rising fighters but truly a despicable human being and father. (If he has kids. )

to be honest I’ve only seen him fight and know nothing about him. But that’s not going to stop me from forming a very strong opinion on something I don’t know about.
so i would say he’s just a really sick individual and preys on the weak and really takes advantage of a lot of people to try to hurt them more often than not mentally rather than physically. Although he is extremely physically abusive to his family. Or that’s what I get out of that training video.

Often times he becomes agitated which leads him to be short and kind of crass to his own mother.

Bisping knows him and says he talks alot of smack like himself lol.
Yeah but it's not serious. It's more like banter like how Bisping talks shit, it's pretty much just a joke and they aren't being serious. I guess if you're sensitive it will be an issue.

Yeah but it's not serious. It's more like banter like how Bisping talks shit, it's pretty much just a joke and they aren't being serious. I guess if you're sensitive it will be an issue.

That kind of talk doesn't fly with everyone though . You need to know that when you meet new people. Especially fighters in a mma gym.

Sean happen to run into a adcc champ with an attitude like him. That was the result of it. I've had these conversations with guys from Boston , they can do that there not everywhere without someone taking it seriously.

There's a video of Strickland sparring 3 dudes at once, didn't look like it was a goof either. Strange

Back