Lara Procopio Appreciation / community thread

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
For those who missed the opening bout on Saturday, we had a very good women's fight between Lara Procopio and undefeated prospect Casey O'Neill. Procopio was favoured to win.

Procopio won the first round on all three scorecards, but slowed down significantly in round 2, and round 2 was clearly won by O'Neill.

In round 3, O'Neill continued the beatdown against Procopio, and it seemed certain O'Neill would likely take the decision.

With two minutes left, O'Neill caught Procopio in a deep RNC. Given she was going to lose the decision anyways, Procopio could have easily tapped out. Instead, she fought the choke to the end, and went to sleep in a fight she was likely going to lose anyways.

I have been very critical of WMMA over the years. But O'Neill and Procopio put on a great fight, and both showed they belong in the UFC. Kudos to both.

PROCOPIO_LARA_L.png

I will say that the back take from the crucifix that O'Neill did en route to the finish was very slick. Danaher would have been proud of that one.
Would have been slicker if she finished her from the crucifix. There hasn't been a crucifix finish in the UFC in a really long time.

I think the last cruficix finish in the UFC might have been Francis Carmont vs Karlos Vemola.

Back