Media Thoughts on Seungwoo Choi learning English?

He seems like a sweet and innocent boy <Oku03>

Last edited:
He seems like a nice and innocent boy <Oku03>

He can be a member of BTS.

giphy.gif

Every fighter should speak English. Its a commonly used world language and can get them more sponsors

The fact that some fighters have been in the UFC for years and years and still havent tried to learn english is plain lazy, learning english in a company that has a primarily english speaking market can only be a good thing. (always give props to Ngannou for doing that right off the bat)

He can be a member of BTS.

giphy.gif

I still don't get the appeal behind these dudes haha... saw them in Times Square once and took me a while to understand what was going on.

Congrats on your people winning last night my friend. War KZ. Now you just need Oleinik's girl to score a win for things to come full circle.

And congrats for making an appearance on Schaub's channel, you're getting your much deserved recognition. True hairline journalism deserves respect from the community.

oleinik.png

The fact that some fighters have been in the UFC for years and years and still havent tried to learn english is plain lazy, learning english in a company that has a primarily english speaking market can only be a good thing. (always give props to Ngannou for doing that right off the bat)

And JDS. I remember when he didn't speak English and then gradually got better and better.

It's awesome actually. Then we got KZ in the main event still can't speak lol and I dont trust any of the translate.
Aldo never learned it either

I still don't get the appeal behind these dudes haha... saw them in Times Square once and took me a while to understand what was going on.

Congrats on your people winning last night my friend. War KZ. Now you just need Oleinik's girl to score a win for things to come full circle.

And congrats for making an appearance on Schaub's channel, you're getting your much deserved recognition. True hairline journalism deserves respect from the community.

oleinik.png

Haha, thanks man. It was nice that KZ and Anderson Silva won last night. Hope Jiyeon get's her bounce back win too in the next upcoming weeks.

And yeah, I'm thinking that it's unreal when I first saw it, but that's was really cool though. Certainly one of the memorable moments for me this year as a sherdog poster, lol.

Cheers Vola.

Last edited:

When it comes down to it UFC is an entertainment business and they will likely not promote you if you can’t speak English.

Props to this fella
<mma4>

Yeah, too bad Korean Zombie was never promoted because of his lack of English. Or Charles Oliveira. Or Jose Aldo. Or Weili Zhang. Those guys could have beens stars I tells ya. And look at Nate Diaz. One of the biggest stars in the UFC and he can barely speak English. Drinking a toast to Dana right now because he's all about the fighter's ability and style, and international appeal, and who gives a fuck if they don't speak English. Dana is one of the true visionaries in sports history. God bless.

Last edited:
Idgi. Always recognized it. But still don't understand. What is the connection between, ghey, kpop, and mma?

I wouldn't say UFC won't promote you, but it definitely makes their job easier if you can

Smart business move on his end

Personally it doesn't bother me much though I do get inconsistencies pointed out from folks here (on the translations).

For his (or their) careers in the current dominated market and media reach. Yup - do it! We have all seen the visible difference in "push".

Back