Unpopular MMA opinions

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
What are your unpopular opinions?

mine:

-Dana White is great for the sport and I think UFC will take a major hit when he’s gone. It will lose a lot of its luster without a controversial and outspoken figure like him. It’s rare to see someone like him not get Me Too’d or cancelled yet, and he’s said a lot of bad shit. Somehow he’s Teflon to PC culture

-I don’t really give a shit about fighter pay, I like having one major organization without 15 different champions in each weight class who never fight each other like boxing.

-I think Jimmy Smith was absolutely terrible as a commentator, seems like a nice guy though

-I miss Mike Goldberg dearly, but a simp like Jon Anik was a necessary evil for the UFC during the Fox/ESPN era

Anderson and Aldo are actually in Goat discussion

Can't believe this is still a thing, its 2021. Simply google up their records and look at the caliber of the guys they beat, and once you get over the "wow look at that streak" like your'e an 11 year old fan boy you realise they where never that good.

- Jon Jones's accomplishments make him the GOAT (since everyone is on steroids anyways according to Nate Diaz)

- Frankie Edgar is a point fighter and not that exciting

- GSP ducked Anderson Silva

- UFC fighter pay isn't the real problem, but not allowing other sponsors in the cage is the problem

- Khabib's accomplishments don't qualify him in the GOAT conversation

Anderson and Aldo are actually in Goat discussion

Can't believe this is still a thing, its 2021. Simply google up their records and look at the caliber of the guys they beat, and once you get over the "wow look at that streak" like your'e an 11 year old fan boy you realise they where never that good.

I can see your argument for Anderson Silva, because he had a lot of lackluster performances and some shitty opponents (James Irvin, given up on life Forrest, Bonnar, etc) but Aldo was pretty incredible during his run.

- Jon Jones's accomplishments make him the GOAT

shouldn’t even be an argument against that, everyone will use PEDs against him, but honestly I think Nate Diaz quote that everyone is juicing is really true. Jones just was more wreckless about it

I can see your argument for Anderson Silva, because he had a lot of lackluster performances and some shitty opponents (James Irvin, given up on life Forrest, Bonnar, etc) but Aldo was pretty incredible during his run.

And popping for pills...

Michel Pereira is the only man in the UFC who could beat every Current Champ in one night.

-I am a huge fan of Tony Ferguson but I always knew he wasn’t champ quality. In almost all of his fights he got his ass kicked and deep down everyone knew it would only go so far. His streak was incredible, but he almost got knocked out by guys like Lando Vannata, gets taken down at will, and is useless against semi decent wrestlers

As to the OP.. Dana was clearly very instrumental in making the UFC what it is today. But, I do believe it’s time to move on. He is such a neanderthal compared to any other successful CEO of a multi billion dollar company.

Just like the fighters of yesterday. The UFC will be fine without him. And it might even go more main stream without such a vulgar heathen as it’s figurehead.

It's not that hard to find someone who could do well in the UFC at some random gym

Aldo beat a lot of good guys, but as soon as he faced elites - like Conor, Max, etc, he lost.

You could argue 2013 Edgar was elite. I mean look at the guys Aldo beat, they are def good fighters, not quite elite level.

- Jon Jones's accomplishments make him the GOAT (since everyone is on steroids anyways according to Nate Diaz)

- Frankie Edgar is a point fighter and not that exciting

- GSP ducked Anderson Silva

- UFC fighter pay isn't the real problem, but not allowing other sponsors in the cage is the problem

- Khabib's accomplishments don't qualify him in the GOAT conversation

+1 to all these, especially Khabib not being close to the GOAT (not that he isn't great).

Also on fighter pay competition is much of a problem as the UFC. They are a business with shareholders. They can't be expected to give more money if they are paying the best of the MMA orgs.

Timmeh is top three all time best ufc HW

Back