Leon Edwards says no to Masvidal. Would rather wait for the next title shot-Should the UFC allow it?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...ge-masvidal-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-do-that-now

He has a long active win streak for sure.

But he did not have the greatest performance ever against Nate.

He should have gone for the kill and brutalized him.

“Let’s say they do give Colby the title shot, I’m not fighting no one else unless it’s a title shot. That’s just it,” Edwards told the UFC’s John Gooden. “I’m not gonna start fighting 10, 11, 12 fights and still ain’t got a title shot. I’ve earned my way. I didn’t b*tch and moan when I took my loss against Kamaru. I worked my way back up to now have a 9, 10-fight win streak. I feel like I deserve it.

I'm sure off of the Nate money he can afford to sit out all he wants, stay fit for if Colby drops out.. He does deserve it, just like Tony did.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...ge-masvidal-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-do-that-now

He has a long active win streak for sure.

But he did not have the greatest performance ever against Nate.

He should have gone for the kill and brutalized him.

“Let’s say they do give Colby the title shot, I’m not fighting no one else unless it’s a title shot. That’s just it,” Edwards told the UFC’s John Gooden. “I’m not gonna start fighting 10, 11, 12 fights and still ain’t got a title shot. I’ve earned my way. I didn’t b*tch and moan when I took my loss against Kamaru. I worked my way back up to now have a 9, 10-fight win streak. I feel like I deserve it.

Why the hell should he fight Masvidal? It's another no win situation for him same as vs Nate.

What do you mean allow it? Dana has said it many times, with certain intention of course, they cant force anyone into a fight they dont want, wether the were not able to make Masvidal fight him after the sucker punch, and they wont make Edwards fight him now, and that still doesnt mean Masvidal will take it...that guy was KTFO not long ago, he might try to wait for Nate rematch instead, a fight that will sell with a big reward, instead of getting outpointed by Edwards.

Rankings aside. Unpopular and non selling fighters have no pull to call their shots like that. If Thompson wins, Colby and him could be the next in line for title shots and leon will have to fight a top 5 or lose out

He takes fights against opponents that don't do much for him in addition to underwhelming performances in them.
But the guy is on a fucking 9 fight win streak, would be 10 if not for his eyepoke fuck up imo.

He deserves the shot more than Colby right now. Granted I would rather see the Colvington rematch, in terms of who deserves it, Leon is in the lead.

Since when does deserving a title shot mean you are going to get a title shot? He has to make the UFC think people want to see it and I dont think his last fight did that.
You are sadly right on.

Back