Ortega turned KZ into a wrestler

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Damn, that trauma. Almost GSP-esque. Turned into a full on wrestler after Serra fight.

Probably one of the most embarrasing losses ever against Ortega after all that shit talk too, and that IQ, or lack thereof, shown by Ige.

But win is a win.

Two fights in a row I thought Kz’s striking looked awful.

Meh, its a smart move by Zombie. His striking is not that good. His grappling is far better than his striking.

When people don't stand right where Zombie wants them to stand and enter in sloppily, Zombie can't counter and he can't lead because of his footwork. Mixing in the takedown and using his elite ground game is a very smart move, and the only way I see him beating someone like Holloway or Kattar. (But I don't see him beating Holloway).

Damn, that trauma. Almost GSP-esque. Turned into a full on wrestler after Serra fight.

Probably one of the most embarrasing losses ever against Ortega after all that shit talk too, and that IQ, or lack thereof, shown by Ige.

But win is a win.

And right on queue Just Once's shitty take after the event ends lol...

Classic J.O

Zombie always mixed it up.
0.gif

It will be good for his career in the long run. We don't want him brawling and getting brain damage.

zombie sucks. bad chin, bad boxing, bad everything

Bad chin? Ige is the one who got knocked down in the 2nd. KZ ate his best shots like nothing.
Bad boxing? Ige got jabbed all night and his face is the one busted up on the feet. KZ never went hard with his ground strikes
Bad at everything? Ige is the one who kept missing his punches, can't get his rhythm, can't get a takedown, and can't check a leg kick. KZ mixed it all with kicks, jabs, hard punches, knees in clinch, takedowns, and almost gets that body lock at will.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't mean to be harsh on a white belt who joined today that got him deleting his post. Sorry.

He rocked Ige with a right. I wished KZ swarmed hard at tat point. He seemed a little to calm in there tonight.
He could have got the finish after the knee in the 5th but he was too gassed to GNP so he went for the RNC instead

Can't blame him for being a little more cautious. And at the end of the day, Ige couldn't stop him, so who's fault is that? :)

But yeah, his exciting, brawling style did help him gain popularity, but too many losses in a row will kill your brand. He needed the W and he got it. Maybe he fights like this for the rest of his career. I could see him taking a cautious approach for a title run. Then if he gets the title he would keep that approach until he lost it. After he loses again, I think he might go back to crazy KZ to wrap up his career.

Pure speculation of course.

Bad chin? Ige is the one who got knocked down in the 2nd. KZ ate his best shots like nothing.
Bad boxing? Ige got jabbed all night and his face is the one busted up on the feet. KZ never went hard with his ground strikes
Bad at everything? Ige is the one who kept missing his punches, can't get his rhythm, can't get a takedown, and can't check a leg kick. KZ mixed it all with kicks, jabs, hard punches, knees in clinch, takedowns, and almost gets that body lock at will.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't mean to be harsh on a white belt who joined today that got him deleting his post. Sorry.
lol. I've never seen KZ use that many jabs in my life. He used his distance well and his jabs didn't look like it had pop to them, but they did. Just look at Ige's face and how wide he missed his strikes. KZs jabs and left hooks were on point and and had some pop to them...

The Junior Dos Santos overhand club appears to have been fully accepted by KZ now.

He wields it like a club. He's older now and still pretty hittable. 5th round got a little dicey on his end. I thought KZ would be the fresher but he seemed zapped after the 4th. He got tagged nicely.

Something about his strike game seems a bit off If Im being honest. I think he had Iges tendencies figured out in the repertoire. Maybe he's telegraphing.

I hope he does his next one in front of crowds. I have a theory that KZ is a MUCH better fighter in front of crowds. He feeds off crowd energy more than most.

But win is a win.

Idk but sounds to me that being GSP-esque is actually a compliment. KZ took no damage apart from the head butt, was jabbing Ige all night, knocked him down with a punch in the 2nd, got Ige missing with his punches, and make him look bad in the ground.

A5pXRxWk

oqVCdkQG

Yes it's GSP-esque. Thanks to Brian!

Back