Media Korean Zombie earns his BJJ black belt

Minnja

Touch-Butt white belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

KZ showed great timing on takedowns and taking the back and maintaining it against a black belt in Dan Ige. His grappling has always been underrated it’s great to see him use it when he needs to

He dominated Ige on the ground. Wish there was more action on the feet though. Next fight, he needs to have crowds as I feel that's what gives him the jolt he needs.

He is super smooth. In my opinion he should've been more aggressive after he'd established such a lengthy period of back control, but he wanted to play it safe and who am I to judge.

I think he only lost position once in the entire fight? When he had iges back standing and ige pushed him up the back and back and got out the back door.
That's impressive.

KZ showed great timing on takedowns and taking the back and maintaining it against a black belt in Dan Ige. His grappling has always been underrated it’s great to see him use it when he needs to

saw him grappling with Rener Gracie, considering both guys credentiales in BJJ and the size difference KZ did pretty good and that was long ago so he definetly improved and earned that belt

KZ's wrestling, grappling and wrestling defense showed that he was just on another level. Ige is no slouch himself as he's a black belt in jj and is known for taking guys guys down as he's usually the aggressor, but he looked like a fish out of the water tonight with his wrestling and grappling.

I just want to say, his grounded strikes were terrible aside from like 5

Mad you get the first Twister in MMA history and don't get Black Belt until 10 years later.. WAR KZ
Came to literally post this.... Pull of the most impressive sub at the time and took another decade to get BB... Ha

Came to literally post this.... Pull of the most impressive sub at the time and took another decade to get BB... Ha
All it's glory, dude lost the first fight against him too.
dEMgLqN.gif

Mad you get the first Twister in MMA history and don't get Black Belt until 10 years later.. WAR KZ

Fun fact: He pulled it as a white belt and learned it from Eddie Bravo's youtube videos :)

Well earned.

I think he's been on that level for years.

I think so too. He has pretty much always looked good on the ground. His clinch game has always been good to and now at Fight Ready it looks like his wrestling is improving as well. Glad to see him not abandon his grappling especially at this point in his career it's smart for him to mix that in and not always roll the dice on the feet. This fight kind of reminded me of Aldo v. Chito where the fight was close on the feet but the veteran used high fight IQ to instead pick the path of least resistance and stuck to it once it got there.

Love it!

Happy for you tonight too Giovanni!

<RomeroSalute>

Thanks bud. Yeah, I must admit I expected a bit more, but KZ showed patience tonight and did just enough to get the win which I understood. He said he's going to fight smart and avoid getting that much damage and shots to the head coz he prioritizes his health at this point and save his aggression and his all out in the big fights. Respect to Ige. Good win for KZ. He showed why he's the #4, imo #3 guy really in the divison. Levels

Thanks bud. Yeah, I must admit I expected a bit more, but KZ showed patience tonight and did just enough to get the win which I understood. He said he's going to fight smart and avoid getting that much damage and shots to the head coz he prioritizes his health at this point and save his aggression in the big fights. Respect to Ige. Good win for KZ. He showed he's the #4, imo #3 guy really in the divison.
I mean I heard some stuff about expecting brawling that made me a bit <6>

But Yeah, dude won every round for me, couple were very close.. I thought the worst case scenario was we could have seen a fighter look ready to retire and I got the opposite of that, class!
Ige is legit as hell imo really solid fighter never comes shit and has all the fundamentals down, never been finished. I think this win will age well.

I mean I heard some stuff about expecting brawling that made me a bit <6>

But Yeah, dude won every round for me, couple were very close.. I thought the worst case scenario was we could have seen a fighter look ready to retire and I got the opposite of that, class!
Ige is legit as hell imo really solid fighter never comes shit and has all the fundamentals down, never been finished. I think this win will age well.

I'm just happy that he didn't get banged up or got concussed again which he can't afford at this point. He's really been eyeing that fight with Max or whoever to get him close to the title. He fought smart but showcased another side of him and still dominated which is refreshing to see. He had been in wars and brawls for years. People should give him slack if he didn't gave them an exciting finish in this fight.

I'm just happy that he didn't get banged up or got concussed again which he can't afford at this point. He's really been eyeing that fight with Max or whoever to get him close to the title. He fought smart but showcased another side of him and still dominated which is refreshing to see. He had been in wars and brawls for years. People should give him slack if he didn't gave them an exciting finish in this fight.
I kept shouting at the screen "Dudes called Zombie for a REASON!!" lol .. Totally agree, those who know what he did tonight know.

{<redford}

Reactions: Gio
Back