If Conor wins has to be in the top 5 GOAT

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not a Conor fan but I do appreciate a great fighter when I see one. No one has done what Conor has done and made it look as good. He has one of the most devastating weapons in MMA history, that left hand. Once that left hand lands not many people are able to stop it.

Not a Conor fan but I do appreciate a great fighter when I see one. No one has done what Conor has done and made it look as good. He has one of the most devastating weapons in MMA history, that left hand. Once that left hand lands not many people are able to stop it.

Man this guy keep trolling.

This guy is the same guy who made a thread saying he doesn't see how Mayweather beats Logan Paul..

Man this guy keep trolling

You again? What is wrong with you and my threads? Why cant you leave me alone? You are always trying to defaming me for no good reason. You have nothing better to do than trying to derail my threads?

You again? What is wrong with you and my threads? Why cant you leave me alone? You are always trying to defaming me for no good reason. You have nothing better to do than trying to derail my threads?

What, this is like a second thread that I posted in. What do you mean your threads?

Defame you? You a troll, man, not trying to defame nobody

No he doesn't. I'm not a McGregor nuthugger but I'm probably one of the most objective people on this site in regards to him.

He's no where close to top 5 after hypothetically beating Porier in a trilogy. He has zero title defenses.

Conor might be around top 50 all time.
I think Fightmatrix's top 35 is pretty good.
All-Time Absolute – Fight Matrix

Sorry but that list it terrible. Matt Hughes at 6th all-time? lol no.

Lyoto Machida 18th ever, Wand 19th, Tyrone Woodley 25th, Eddie Alvarez 26th.

That's awful. Look TS is obviously wrong here, but McGregor is already like top 15-20 range. Legit double champ, historic dominance at 145 and dethroned the GOAT Aldo there, moved up and legit beat Alvarez (ranked 26th in that list). Not just beat, raped Eddie.

Sorry but that list it terrible. Matt Hughes at 6th all-time? lol no.

Lyoto Machida 18th ever, Wand 19th, Tyrone Woodley 25th, Eddie Alvarez 26th.

That's awful. Look TS is obviously wrong here, but McGregor is already like top 15-20 range. Legit double champ, historic dominance at 145 and dethroned the GOAT Aldo there, moved up and legit beat Alvarez (ranked 26th in that list). Not just beat, raped Eddie.

Historic dominance? That's a bit much lol.

Come on, not even in top 10. top 20 because despite his amazing streak at FW and becoming dual champ he wasted everything on boxing, got raped by khabib, wasted 2 years and beat up a washed up cowboy and then got KO by dustin.

Even Andy Silva is wayy up than Mcg for me.

Absolutely ridiculous. He’s around 30-50 right now. Beating Dustin will not move him up a single spot.

That Left Hand is the biggest fraud and most overrated weapon in the history of the LW, and WW divisions. He hasn’t KO’d a single fighter with it. And only managed a couple tko stoppage wins out of six fights. That’s a .333 finish percentage.

Historic dominance? That's a bit much lol.

I know you hate McGregor, so I think you're biased no offense.

Yes I would easily say historical. What he did at FW was go 7-0 with 6 KOs. His only decision was when he tore his ACL and still beat Holloway, who was in his 5th UFC fight and obviously is good. I think the "green" narrative is a bit exaggerated but yes he was green to an extent.

Regardless, 7-0, 6 KOs, finished Mendes who was top tier at the time and knocked out Aldo in legitimately 6 seconds or something. Won the FW title. I'd call that one of the best runs in MMA ever, easily historic.

Then he became the first simultaneous double champ ever, and he beat Alvarez a very legit LW, an all-time great LW really, to do so. So that's the argument for McGregor. He's still no where close to top 5 all-time. He's probably somewhere between 13 and 20 depending on how he finishes his career and how subjectively high you rank him.

Was Khabib's run historic at LW? Clearly everyone would agree. He went 13-0 and honestly faced, arguably, lesser competition to do so. Never got a double champ. I think recency bias is/was hot on Khabib but top 5 all-time is certainly reasonable to argue for him. Main difference, title defenses of course. Undefated. But again, McGregor has competed up a division or really 1.5 divisions (Diaz, Cerrone) from his original, I think that is overlooked as well constantly.

Absolutely ridiculous. He’s around 30-50 right now. Beating Dustin will not move him up a single spot.

That Left Hand is the biggest fraud and most overrated weapon in the history of the LW, and WW divisions. He hasn’t KO’d a single fighter with it. And only managed a couple tko stoppage wins out of six fights. That’s a .333 finish percentage.

You can't name 29-30 people better than McGregor all-time. Your list will end up looking terrible or flimsy at least.

I know you hate McGregor, so I think you're biased no offense.

Yes I would easily say historical. What he did at FW was go 7-0 with 6 KOs. His only decision was when he tore his ACL and still beat Holloway, who was in his 5th UFC fight and obviously is good. I think the "green" narrative is a bit exaggerated but yes he was green to an extent.

Regardless, 7-0, 6 KOs, finished Mendes who was top tier at the time and knocked out Aldo in legitimately 6 seconds or something. Won the FW title. I'd call that one of the best runs in MMA ever, easily historic.

Then he became the first simultaneous double champ ever, and he beat Alvarez a very legit LW, an all-time great LW really, to do so. So that's the argument for McGregor. He's still no where close to top 5 all-time. He's probably somewhere between 13 and 20 depending on how he finishes his career and how subjectively high you rank him.

Was Khabib's run historic at LW? Clearly everyone would agree. He went 13-0 and honestly faced, arguably, lesser competition to do so. Never got a double champ. I think recency bias is/was hot on Khabib but top 5 all-time is certainly reasonable to argue for him. Main difference, title defenses of course. Undefated. But again, McGregor has competed up a division or really 1.5 divisions (Diaz, Cerrone) from his original, I think that is overlooked as well constantly.

He only has two ranked wins at 145 and one was on two weeks notice. He's a double champ who fought no one to get a shot and didn't defend a title once. There's countless guys who could have made that claim if the UFC accommodated them like they did Conor.

Yes, he floored Aldo and a won in spectacular fashion and that's all that matters, but Dana spent months allowing Conor to troll him in public until Aldo was shook mentally, embracing Conor after he attacked just about everything about Jose in another language. Yes, he obliterated Eddie. Great wins.

Those two wins, along with only three ranked wins overall does not push Conor into the top twenty. If you'd like to say I'm a hater, sure. That's fine. I don't like him but I can discuss his history and wins fairly. He's not ahead of other guys you're probably not as much of a fan of, and recency bias is a thing. Whether you agree or not, I don't care. We can agree to disagree. I appreciate the detailed response though.

EDIT: We can say three ranked at 145 as Poirier was fringe top ten, so I'll be fair and add that.

What, this is like a second thread that I posted in. What do you mean your threads?

Defame you? You a troll, man, not trying to defame nobody

Youre crazy and delusional. I have no idea what is wrong with but you need your meds. You dont know me but you keep accusing me of shit I am not. Go home, your drunk not Just once but twice in roll, today and yesterday..

Back