Huge KZ fan and I'm worried for him

rl4090526

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been a huge fan forever since his Wec days.

But I think he will have a Tony Ferguson Esque downfall.

I really hope I'm wrong thats why I am even posting this. I have been wrong so much recently.

I hope he gets the W though.

Am I high?

He’ll be 19-12 when he retires, solidifying himself as the 27th greatest Asian MMA fighter of all-time! @pankrat ;)

Reactions: D'z
Should be a competitive fight. KZ's chin is rock solid so I can see where the concern is. He does absorb a lot of punishment, kind of like Diaz, he just keeps coming forward. Not a great recipe for long term success or long term health.

He's super tough and well rounded. He looked stuck in the mud in his last fight with Ortega. Dan is even faster than Brian so he'd better be ready.

This fight will tell us a lot about where KZ is at. He did not look good against Ortega but a lot of that has to do with Ortega looking good and having a good gameplan. If KZ has lost a step I think we’ll know from the Ige fight because I think Ige will have a gameplan that KZ is more used to. Ige is really good though so I don’t think a loss necessarily will mean KZ lost a step it really just will depend on how the fight goes

I really hope I'm wrong thats why I am even posting this. I have been wrong so much recently.

Am I high?

Well for him to do that, he would have to start fighting higher competition first. Tony fought Gaethje, Oliveira, and Dariush, cream of crop at LW.

KZ hasn't been fighting the competition near that at all. I guess Ortega is pretty good, but he's not Justin, Chucky, nor Beneil in my opinion. Ortega was coming off a long lay off too.

At the end of the day, I think KZ can win the fight, but I lean Ige.

Very nice. Haven't seen that before. Had to do a double take.
Lol I made it for a thread about UFC clothing the other day because it seems the Zombie on it looks more like Tony than KZ.. Figured i'd squeeze another post of it under circumstances.

I also did this for it lolNo Forget Jes.jpg

KZ also said that he had a total of 2 hours in sleep the last 2 days before his fight with Ortega. Sleep deprivation to that level will hinder anyone's performance. That wasn't KZ.

The real one will be back tomorrow.

#Bang Bang.

Am I high?

Hahahaha one bad loss against a stellar fighter who hadn't been seen in years and suddenly Chan Sung Jung is on the decline

this place lol

The nature of the beast I guess This time next week KZ will have the fair weather only as good as your last fight fans back again

KZ has a lot more options in this fight than he did against Ortega.

It would be very disappointing if KZ chose to kickbox with Ige for five rounds, when he has such a heavy arsenal on the ground.

Ige is not a small FW, but KZ should be able to take a man with Iges build and muscle tone down.

If KZ loses it will be because he did not fight in the most optimal way possible this is a very nice fight for him to bounce back on.

Am I high?

TKZ has had some great brawls but he’s much more technical and reserves than Tony overall.

If you look at the Edgar and Moicano performances, Tony has never had that in his locker. I was really disappointed by the Ortega fight, but Ortega looked sensational and simply had his number that night. This next fight should tell us a lot. Skill for skill he should be superior, so if he’s gets beaten the punch and loses we’ll know he’s on the downside IMO.

With KZ it really is a matter of recognizing his weaknesses. Standing southpaw, allowing KZ the center, counter punching (KZ is very good defensively but has holes in his offensive approach, he leaves himself quite open when he engages). And certainly some more things my amateur eyes cant deceive. Not that Ige is flawless either but I think Ortega did a fantastic job of utilizing these holes and Ige def. has a solid base to work with.

That being said I like both fighters a ton so I just hope the better man wins and there is no controversy.

Back