The UFC WMMA p4p list illustrates how depressingly abysmal WMMA is

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2021-06-18-at-8-00-48-AM.png

Top 3, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Zhang and Weili have proven to be fantastic fighters, but how do you stay #4 p4p in ANY p4p list after getting KTFO in a minute?I love Joanna, but how are you #5 p4p when you're coming off a loss and you're 2-3 in your last 5 fights?

After that... it just gets ugly.

Jessica Andrade #6. Coming off a brutal TKO loss and 1-3 in her last 4.

GDR... the fighter who chose to relinquish her title because she was scared to fight the #1 contender.

Holly - again, respect to her, but she's at the end of her rope and is 4-5 in her last 9.

Carla Esparza - she's on a 5 fight win streak but 2 split decisions and 1 majority decision in there. Tough and scrappy but very mediocre.

Aspen Ladd - promising prospect but who has she beat? 1-1 in her last 2 which includes a 15 second KO loss.

11-15... what can you really say? Chookagian? Lauren Murphy? Oi vey...

I mean this is just brutal. We've all seen weak divisions, but if the UFC WMMA p4p list was it's own division, we'd be calling it a weak division. How sad is that?

The mens P4P list is far worse.

Every women 1-9 has been the undisputed champion of her division.

Dustin Poirier is #6 on the mens P4P and has never been the undisputed champion and is ranked four spots higher than the actual champion of his division.

The mens P4P #1 does not even have a belt at the moment and may never fight again.

Last edited:

Zhang and Weili have proven to be fantastic fighters, but how do you stay #4 p4p in ANY p4p list after getting KTFO in a minute?I love Joanna, but how are you #5 p4p when you're coming off a loss and you're 2-3 in your last 5 fights?

GDR... the fighter who chose to relinquish her title because she was scared to fight the #1 contender.

Holly - again, respect to her, but she's at the end of her rope and is 4-5 in her last 9.

Carla Esparza - she's on a 5 fight win streak but 2 split decisions and 1 majority decision in there. Tough and scrappy but very mediocre.

Aspen Ladd - promising prospect but who has she beat? 1-1 in her last 2 which includes a 15 second KO loss.

I mean this is just brutal. We've all seen weak divisions, but if the UFC WMMA p4p list was it's own division, we'd be calling it a weak division. How sad is that?
Everybody knows a woman's place is in the kitchen. Let's get back to a little normalcy, what do you say?

The mens P4P list is far worse.

Every women 1-9 has been in the undisputed champion of her division.

Dustin Poirier is #6 on the mens P4P and has never been the undisputed champion and is ranked four spots higher than the actual champion of his division.

The mens P4P #1 does not even have a belt at the moment and may never fight again.
On the other hand it's insane that Poirier can build a resume of an all time great fighter without winning the belt yet. Just shows you how deep male MMA is.

Also mens P4P list is fucked up by the UFC and needs serious corrections, while female list is straightforward, you don't need to make any changes to make it better cause those women are only women out there.

On the other hand it's insane that Poirier can build a resume of an all time great fighter without winning the belt yet. Just shows you how deep male MMA is.

Also mens P4P list is fucked up by the UFC and needs serious corrections, while female list is straightforward, you don't need to make any changes to make it better cause those women are only women out there.

Dustin does not deserve to be ranked higher than the champion of his division.

He has a great resume, but the rankings do not reflect reality when the #1 contender is ranked higher than the champion.

Zhang and Weili, eh?
<EdgyBrah>

I mean think of it this way, you're a movie producer and you're trying to create the next Best Picture at the Oscars flick. You have world class technical staff, cameramen, cinematographers, editors, etc.

But when it comes to actors, you have 2-3 great actors, a few good ones, a bunch from some dinner theatre troop performing somewhere in Wisconsin, and a bunch of Tommy Wiseau-level actors. And all these dinner theatre and Tommy Wiseau-level actors, they all have speaking roles. Good luck with that.

Wmma is garbage. I accept that women who reach the pinnacle of a very tough sport should be able to showcase their skills and wouldn’t have it any other way, but most wmma fights and wmma in general as a product is just lacklustre.

The real question is where would CM punk be on that list.

On a more serious note, the women's P4P really needs to include fighters out of the UFC. It is one of the only divisions that multiple potential top 10s are outside UFC.

Truth about WMMA.

I don't really shit on WMMA like a lot of people here. I enjoy the fights. But it just isn't deep.

Which I think is a popularity thing because it is so relatively new to the UFC. Give it a decade and all you sherbro's 10yr old daughters watching the fights with you will be the next wave of killers.

There's only 1 new top fighter, Weili, in recent years. That shows a lot, because the hope for WMMA is potential because of the newness of it. Yet there is almost zero progression on a top level. It's now been 8 years in the UFC. Yet Chookagian makes the list.

Sounds like a lot of pick and choose logic to me. First, you start asking how some obviously good fighters are ranked so high when losing (which is a stupid question when they've been losing to the people ranked above them), then you finish by asking how the girls who keep winning are ranked because you think they're bad.

Just hypocrisy

Back