When Usman vs Colby happened I was expecting to see something like this...

Handy just kept going for that choke cause he'd just learned it or whatever but super effective against Van Arsdale's type of wrestling.

I didn't think it was that sloppy but I did honestly expect some grappling exchanges.
Me too but for some reason they completely forgot wrestling

Me too but for some reason they completely forgot wrestling
Yeah. I personally don't remember the corners bringing it up either lol. I wonder if they did...

I really think we'll see a totally different fight if the rematch happens. I just see a good flow of mixing it up from both. Neither spamming takedowns or striking. I think Usman's power growth is gonna play a factor but Colby has been wrastlin' for so long...should be just as exciting or more than the first fight which I liked.

Yeah. I personally don't remember the corners bringing it up either lol. I wonder if they did...

I really think we'll see a totally different fight if the rematch happens. I just see a good flow of mixing it up from both. Neither spamming takedowns or striking. I think Usman's power growth is gonna play a factor but Colby has been wrastlin' for so long...should be just as exciting or more than the first fight which I liked.
It was very sloppy but extremely entertaining indeed. I liked how Colby was moving his body like a slithering snake but getting his face rearranged and also delivering some good blows himself

It was entertaining as hell and a damn good fight. If you call it sloppy at least mention that as well. There will probably be wrestling in the rematch.

It was entertaining as hell and a damn good fight. If you call it sloppy at least mention that as well. There will probably be wrestling in the rematch.
I really hope so brother

Usman has never been taken down. Colby was by RDA and the ghost of Woodley.
I don’t think triggering a wrestle heavy gameplay out of Usman is a good idea

Colby's wrestling is vastly overrated yes he can take you down and score points but he can't keep you down or punish you in that position. The undersized WW RDA kept getting up time after time Colby gets you down and pretty much puppy dog wriggles & snuggles on you until you stand. He chose not wrestle with Usman because he knew he couldn't grind or out muscle him and Usman would just Big Brother him.

Usman chose not to wrestle Colby because he didn't have to or fear his striking whatsoever and felt if he could stand with any WW Colby would be the one while working on his own striking game, and he was right.

Back