Is Rory MacDonald shot from his wars in the UFC?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dude is 31 and should be in the prime of his life but can’t get past Gleason Tibau. I know it was a robbery but still, he should be dominating an old dog like Tibau without controversy.

It’s kinda sad how the game and chew you up and spit you out and you’re still not financially stable.

He’s had years taken off his life from that 2nd Lawler fight for 59k. Makes you think right?

Rory was never the same after Robbie melted his nose into a thousand pieces in a ridiculous war. They may have edited it out on Fight Pass, but I recall Rory convulsing in pain after falling over from that last nose shot.

Ever since then he's been timid, reticent to engage or pressure and absolutely hates getting hit. I can't say I blame him. He's also had some leg injuries as well. In fight age, he's ancient.

He still got robbed tonight.

macdonald-lawler.jpg

11386416_1688888021344881_1236580724_n.jpg

People will bring up the Woodley fight as an argument that he's UFC championship quality.

Yeah probably man those fights just can’t be good for your health

Lol Rory's been fucked, his best fight was against Woodley, 2nd against a prime Lawler

didn't know he only got paid 59k for that lawler fight jesus christ that's highway robbery. prime rory would be champ in this weak WW era.
That’s barely enough to cover medical expenses

The UFC HAD to have given him some extra money under the table after that fight. It was FOTY and people still talk about it 6 years later.
Well,lets fucking hope so. I dunno how many of those kind of fights a person can really have. You gotta really take care of yourself in between fights.

Dude. 31 is not prime. Especially for someone like Rory who started in his teens and fought the very best from a young age.

The majority of fighters that you see have success after their early thirties are the ones who didn't start until later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back