Jan Blachowicz talks Israel Adesanya Win vs. Marvin Vettori & Glover Teixeiera Fight

It's a shame his window is so short, he is truly a complete threat. Hard to believe Jones can beat this version of Jan. Leg kicks don't bother him at all.
Because he checks the leg kicks and seems to see them coming before the opponent throws them. I think Izzy only hit him with them a few times out of a couple dozen. Jan has a taller stance compared to the more wide one used by guys at MW so it's probably easier for him to check leg kicks and react.

It's a shame his window is so short, he is truly a complete threat. Hard to believe Jones can beat this version of Jan. Leg kicks don't bother him at all.
Not saying that Jan couldn't beat Jon, but the fight's a very tough match for him style-wise. For one, the takedowns he used to secure the Adesanya win are off the table. I can't imagine he'd want to take Jon down and mess with his submission game to begin with. Furthermore, even if Jon's wrestling hasn't looked like what it once was, the takedown threat is still very real, and that has the potential to cool down the striking a bit.

Jan's method to victory would be to close the distance and unleash the Polish power. He certainly has the striking edge from boxing range, but Jon still has good striking defense and a granite chin. He also doesn't hang out there a lot to begin with.

Jan can certainly knock anyone out when he lands clean, but I'm not sure I see him decisioning Jon. The pace Jon puts out is much more grueling than Izzy's, and Jan's cardio would be a factor. We saw him begin to wear down in the 4th round of the Izzy fight. Again, I'm done sleeping on Jan, but it would be a very, very tough fight.

We have yet to see his resistance to knee stomps though, and and no idea if he has iron eyeballs or not

Jan beats Jon 9/10 times. Which is exactly why Jon will never fight him. Or Jiri. Or Francis. Or anyone. Expect lots of social media posts though.

Jan beats Jon 9/10 times. Which is exactly why Jon will never fight him. Or Jiri. Or Francis. Or anyone. Expect lots of social media posts though.
Current Jones who only point fights and no longer wrestles? You may be right...hard to say. Prime Jones circa 2010-2017? He beats all of them, at least LHWs. Ngannou is a harder call.

I believe him when he says "I will figure out a way" to beat "them", you can tell he follows the LHW division like a hawk.

Never heard a top five LHW bring up Ankalaev in an interview, let alone the champ. Jan is not a fake or pretentious guy, he has no problem admitting he watches UFC fights, unlike so many other UFC athletes.

If Jon were to actually ever fight at HW, win the belt and defend it at least once, Jan hopefully will get the opportunity to have that match the scumbag Jones promised him and never followed through with.

479710035_high.jpg

Give them all juice like Jon and he loses more than he wins.
Nope. He takes all of them down and hellbows or submits them. He was a really good grappler...he tossed Cormier several times and is the only LHW whom Cormier couldn't bully with his Olympic-level wrestling.

Current Jones who only point fights and no longer wrestles? You may be right...hard to say. Prime Jones circa 2010-2017? He beats all of them, at least LHWs. Ngannou is a harder call.
Agreed. I think prime Jones takes down Francis and wins on the ground actually. Tough call to make because of the size differential but also tough to dismiss when JJ’s grappling was so many levels above Francis.

Reactions: mkt
I hope Glover is still on a roll like his last few fights. Will be a war

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back