Kamaru Usman is the prototype for future “non strikers”.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He is the only mma fighter in history to successfully transition from a boring one dimensional top wrestler into a VIOLENT methodical knockout artist. He doesnt get enough props for the changes he made and the growth he has shown as a fighter… there’s guys that I’m still looking at waiting for them to truly explore their “potential” as all around mixed martial arts fighters and not just wrestlers(Colby Covington, Kevin Lee).

I really hope that future wrestling based prospects look to Usman as the prototype for what their career could possibly be.

Tons of wrestlers have turned to striking, what are you talking about? Hendricks, Koshcheck, Cejudo, Dillashaw, Cody, Khamzat, Stipe all had success and for some there downfall was becoming too reliant on striking.

Pico is actually a good example right now for a wrestler who fell in love with his hands but was able to revert back to wrestling focus

Kevin Lee let's people draw on his head.

Tons of wrestlers have turned to striking, what are you talking about? Hendricks, Koshcheck, Cejudo, Dillashaw, Cody, Khamzat, Stipe

That list is utterly basura and subjective. I wouldn’t consider Cejudo/Stipe/ and mini EPO wrestlers

Old heads are about to enter this thread and try to clown me but I’m right <{fry}>

Tons of wrestlers have turned to striking, what are you talking about? Hendricks, Koshcheck, Cejudo, Dillashaw, Cody, Khamzat, Stipe all had success and for some there downfall was becoming too reliant on striking.

Pico is actually a good example right now for a wrestler who fell in love with his hands but was able to revert back to wrestling focus
And Chad Mendes. His WEC run was pretty forgettable.

Khamzat
{<jordan}{<jordan}

He is the only mma fighter in history to successfully transition from a boring one dimensional top wrestler into a VIOLENT methodical knockout artist. He doesnt get enough props for the changes he made and the growth he has shown as a fighter… there’s guys that I’m still looking at waiting for them to truly explore their “potential” as all around mixed martial arts fighters and not just wrestlers(Colby Covington, Kevin Lee).

I really hope that future wrestling based prospects look to Usman as the prototype for what their career could possibly be.
I think labeling Usman as a specific type of fighter is undereselling him. He's a pretty complete fighter who can change up his style for any opponent.

Covington has sound boxing technique which often gets neglected due to his wrestling skills. His problem is that he lacks power and consistent head movement.

Old heads are about to enter this thread and try to clown me but I’m right <{fry}>

D1 already did and he's new to this. You said Usman is the only boring wrestler to ever evolve into a violent KO artist, which is completely wrong. As one example, I give you Josh Koscheck.
FearlessSorrowfulAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

8dJy.gif

josh-koscheck_dustin-hazelett.gif

There are TONS of others.

You're new to this, but you'll get there.

Back