News Jorge Masvidal targets October / November return, interested in Leon, Nick or Nate

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

talks about Gamebred FC for most of it but UFC related cliffs:

- seeking top 5 opponent in October or November
- equally interested in fighting Leon, Nick or Nate
- thought Leon / Nate was a good fight
- doesn't think Leon is a fighter, acknowledged he is skilled but says he lacks meanness and killer instinct to put someone away

Him vs Leon doesn't make sense ranking wise, but he's a star and that will be his quickest way back to a TS.
Ranking wise I say he should fight Brady(if he wins), Li, Belal or Santiago. He's coming off 2 losses and should fight down.

If he's just after money fights, he should fight one of the Diaz bros.

- doesn't think Leon is a fighter, acknowledged he is skilled but says he lacks meanness and killer instinct to put someone away

Last time Mas said this…

ezgif-com-gif-maker-6.gif

Not too interested anymore, he got destroyed in his last fight like never before. He needs to rebuild himself from the bottom up and train new techniques, he has lost the element of surprise.

He just got KTFO, maybe he should wait a little bit more and rest those braincells. Then again hes no Erick Silva...
He's probably worried about how much time he has left before his body starts slowing down. The guy is turning 37 in November with over 50 pro fights and has taken major damage.
That's why I think he's coming this soon after a bad KO loss, doesn't think he has much time left. October/Novemever is about 6-7 months since the Usman fight.

He has a point. Leon doesn't have that "dog" in him. He's content to coast to decisions instead of putting his foot on the gas to try and finish a guy he has more skills than. But Mas shouldn't talk, he did the same shit for years until his 2019 violence renaissance.

That should be his next fight. Him and Leon is a real good fight.

If he loses, than him and Nate should run it back for a dual retirement fight.

Old Nick would have beat him. I'm scared to see Nick in the octagon vs anyone in the top 10, these days.

He needs to fight Leon. That fight has to happen.

Will be interesting to see if Leon even wants this fight now that he's in a good position to get a title shot. I doubt he takes it. Nick vs Jorge would be great and big PPV.

i would root for leon scott against street judas but street judas would probably shatter that glass jaw

Chalk me up for Nick vs Masvidal. Money fight with a good story that isn't a total mismatch for either guy. It's win win win. Also, he's right, Leon doesn't have it. Very skilled athlete, but he isn't a killer.

He just got KTFO, maybe he should wait a little bit more and rest those braincells. Then again hes no Erick Silva...
That would have been a good fight back in the day...

I guess it could still happen

Him vs Leon doesn't make sense ranking wise, but he's a star and that will be his quickest way back to a TS.
Ranking wise I say he should fight Brady(if he wins), Li, Belal or Santiago. He's coming off 2 losses and should fight down.

If he's just after money fights, he should fight one of the Diaz bros.

A title shot? As long as Usman is there he shouldnt be anywhere close a title shot.

Back