Why Jessica Andrade is not dropping back to 115lbs?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I dont understand.

She HAS A WIN over the current 115lbs champion, she already had that belt when she took it from the current champ by KO and in the rematch she would have ko her again if that was a title fight (5 rounds).

So how is that she's gonna keep fighting at 125lbs? I mean I know she's gonna beat some ass there -she already tko'd Chookagian and she's gonna probably ko Calvillo as well- but she has absolutely nothing for Valentina, we saw.

She has unfinished businesses at 115lbs and she has a wayyy bigger chance of getting the belt there (again), the fact that she already beat Rose would put her quickly in the conversations for a title shot.

She has to bear someone at 115 first.

Zhang or Joanna

I agree

But it doesn't have to be Zhang or Joanna, it could be someone else from the TOP 5.
Especially now that Zhang and Joanna are asking for title shots (and coming from crazy losses smh)

134_Joanna_Je_drzejczyk.0.jpg

Rose-Namajunas-640x370.png

wsi-imageoptim-Screenshot_2020-02-27-FUS_231019_029-pdf-Powered-by-Box.png

In that order

I agree

But it doesn't have to be Zhang or Joanna, it could be someone else from the TOP 5.
Especially now that Zhang and Joanna are asking for title shots (and coming from crazy losses smh)
she should come back and snipe esparza or try to imo

Maybe it's good to see how things will turn out with those 3 and Esparza. In the meanwhile she can just destroy some 125'ers and chill and get a win streak again. She does have loss against all of them, might as well wait for the best to emerge from those guys for the next year and just fight whoever is on top, she has time to do that.

I agree

I dont think it's CRAZY for them to ask, bc they're pretty much the #1 and #2 of the division. I feel like Zhang probably just got caught, and Joanna had super close fight with her. But I would like to see Esparza get a shot

I agree

This, get her someone from the top 5, even Zhang title eliminator rematch, Joanna im not that interested in it because of their styles.

134_Joanna_Je_drzejczyk.0.jpg

Rose-Namajunas-640x370.png

wsi-imageoptim-Screenshot_2020-02-27-FUS_231019_029-pdf-Powered-by-Box.png

In that order
She knocked out Rose and rearranged her face in the second fight, easily won the last round and did WAY more damage after being outjabbed in the first 2. On a 5 round fight, she may have won that one. Sucks that is was only a 3 rounder, 2 former champions there...

Joanna fight was 5 years ago, who know how would the rematch go today and Zhang fight was kind of an early KO. We didn't get to see them. A second fight would be a different fight because of it.

None of those girls are a level above her despite those results. She can easily win that belt again

she should come back and snipe esparza or try to imo

That'll make a lot of sense, but I think Esparza already earned her title shot and she's probably the next challenger already so Andrade could fight Yan, Zhang or Marina

Maybe it's good to see how things will turn out with those 3 and Esparza. In the meanwhile she can just destroy some 125'ers and chill and get a win streak again. She does have loss against all of them, might as well wait for the best to emerge from those guys for the next year and just fight whoever is on top, she has time to do that.

Mmmmm that makes a lot of sense too, thinking about it, it's not a bad idea at all.

I dont think it's CRAZY for them to ask, bc they're pretty much the #1 and #2 of the division. I feel like Zhang probably just got caught, and Joanna had super close fight with her. But I would like to see Esparza get a shot

Zhang just had 1 title defense it wasn't like she was one of those dominant champs with a lot of title defenses that get inmediately rematches when the get caught.
Joanna has no business asking for a title shot rn when she got beat up twice already by Rose.

This, get her someone from the top 5, even Zhang title eliminator rematch, Joanna im not that interested in it because of their styles.

Right, I thought she was gonna do that because after UFC 261 she said it was time for her to rematch Zhang but instead she's fighting Calvillo at 125, maybe Zhang is acting a diva and only asking for the Rose rematch, who knows...

She knocked out Rose and rearranged her face in the second fight, easily won the last round and did WAY more damage after being outjabbed in the first 2. On a 5 round fight, she may have won that one. Sucks that is was only a 3 rounder, 2 former champions there...

Joanna fight was 5 years ago, who know how would the rematch go today and Zhang fight was kind of an early KO. We didn't get to see them. A second fight would be a different fight because of it.

None of those girls are a level above her despite those results. She can easily win that belt again

Exactly !!!!

I pretty much assume she just doesn’t want to cut that weight anymore. At least right now. There’s a log jam in SW. and she can most likely beat everybody except Shevchenko at 125. So it makes sense to just stay at 125. At least right now.

Andrade is in a tough spot. She has lost to all three champs/former/future champs at 115 (JJ, Zhang, Rose) and would really have start back at the bottom to get back to a title shot (maybe having to go through Rodriguez, Dern, etc.). On the other hand, she obliterated the #1 ranked flyweight (Chook) and likely beats anyone who isn't the champ in that division. She doesn't have a clear path back to the title in either division...but it looks like she will be more successful at 125 AND not have to do the brutal weight cut. I think these two things will keep her at 125. I can understand her decision.

Jarl

I agree she should drop back down and the rubber match would be interesting. But the top contenders to get that are a force. Joanna and Zhang need to run it back for a title shot while Rose defends against Carla. Andrade would likely have more success over the top 5 125ers. Maybe a title isn’t on her mind right now.

Andrade is in a tough spot. She has lost to all three champs/former/future champs at 115 (JJ, Zhang, Rose) and would really have start back at the bottom to get back to a title shot (maybe having to go through Rodriguez, Dern, etc.). On the other hand, she obliterated the #1 ranked flyweight (Chook) and likely beats anyone who isn't the champ in that division. She doesn't have a clear path back to the title in either division...but it looks like she will be more successful at 125 AND not have to do the brutal weight cut. I think these two things will keep her at 125. I can understand her decision.

Jarl
Nice take, Jarl.

Jarl

Back