Ready for the hate

Kinda agree. Khabib vs Oliviera 2.0 wouldve been interesting too.

He is super good in scrambles but khabib is relentless and chandlers power fades pretty quickly after the first 2. He might be able to steal the first two rounds but I don't see him beating khabib. I think oliveira is actually Khabib's toughest matchup.

I'll make a really bold statement by saying that with his skillset, i wouldn't be surprised if he took round from Khabib. But with his weakness, i also wouldn't be surprised if Khabib fold him in 2 round.

OGC.eeb83e3c289fe00585e9329b753a8595

Just like with most of the top lightweights I can see rounds going to either guy but think that Khabib would pull it off. I can also see either guy getting a finish but with more likelihood to Khabib doing so.

I think Michael Chandler would have given Khabib the most trouble out of the top 10 lightweights other than maybe Islam Makhachev. What do you think?
Khabib will son Chandler within one round. If you call this "the most trouble", so yeah I give it to you.

No khabib would have him gasping for air after 2 rounds and then he’d proceed to strangle him

I think Michael Chandler would have given Khabib the most trouble out of the top 10 lightweights other than maybe Islam Makhachev. What do you think?
I like Islam a lot but I think he ragdolls chandler for a round then gets cracked. It sucks chandy waited so long to fight bc I wanted to see him in the UFC back when he resigned with Bellator. I wanted to see him against prime Conor and Ferg. And mostly bc LW barely has wrestlers

Agreed. It's the old adage, "styles make fights." Chandler has always had great TDD and destructive power on the feet. And unlike someone like Gaethje, he's not completely lost once it hits the ground. Chandler's submission defense has been bulletproof, and he's good in scrambles.

The major flaw in Chandler's game has always been his weak chin. And while Khabib has always been effective on the feet (he's a very underrated striker), he's never really hurt anyone on the feet, aside from the one punch against Conor (I'm not even sure Conor was actually hurt).

To be clear, I'd favor Khabib to win. But I do think Chandler would be his biggest stylistic threat, and I wouldn't be completely shocked if he pulled off the upset.

Back