Appreciating not hearing about Chandler

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Can you imagine if he won? His media presence and UFC shoving him down our throat would’ve been insufferable. Joe Rogan would’ve had him on for a 4 hr segment, UFC probably would’ve had him cut a promo in celebration of Juneteenth. We’d be hearing about his black son every day for months.

I’m enjoying the Oliveira era. Nice and quiet.

Imagine how much the Bellator bros would rub it in everyone’s face?!
Yup, wouldn’t hear the end of it. And Pitbull would have good reason to claim he’s P4P #1 in any promotion if that happened.

Reactions: 2sk
I get it on the the one hand, but I could never understand the Chandler hate. He's a likeable guy, an exciting fighter, and a proven competitor. The only thing I can think of that would make fans legitimately hate Chandler for is getting the title shot with a win over Hooker, but that's weak tea.

Can you imagine if he won? His media presence and UFC shoving him down our throat would’ve been insufferable. Joe Rogan would’ve had him on for a 4 hr segment, UFC probably would’ve had him cut a promo in celebration of Juneteenth. We’d be hearing about his black son every day for months.

I’m enjoying the Oliveira era. Nice and quiet.
So true! And lets look at the other side of the coin , have they even been promoting do Bronx since he became champ? Nope, cause he ain't a marketable murican

I get it on the the one hand, but I could never understand the Chandler hate. He's a likeable guy, an exciting fighter, and a proven competitor. The only thing I can think of that would make fans legitimately hate Chandler for is getting the title shot with a win over Hooker, but that's weak tea.
All a matter of perception. He rubs some people the wrong way, the whole all American nice guy profile can either come across as him just being that, a nice guy, or it may seem insincere & contrived. Personally I think he lays it on pretty thick and I don’t buy it. I detect fakeness, but that’s just me.

So true! And lets look at the other side of the coin , have they even been promoting do Bronx since he became champ? Nope, cause he ain't a marketable murican
True. But in fairness, it’s just harder to promote guys who don’t speak English.

I agree with Nate, that he's kind of goofy. Don't hate him, though, but a real smarty pants, know-it-all vibe in interviews. I'm with you that I like that a UFC guy that's been around forever became champ, but we'll see. Oliveira might turn into a diva real quick. Chandler, meanwhile, did seem very game and down for whatever.

True. But in fairness, it’s just harder to promote guys who don’t speak English.
Yea but how come prude was able to promote foreigners just as well as their local guys, sometimes even better ?

It's because the ufc focuses on catering to their American market first and foremost I think.

Yea but how come prude was able to promote foreigners just as well as their local guys, sometimes even better ?

It's because the ufc focuses on catering to their American market first and foremost I think.
True, economics of UFC are driven by the US market. I think they’re still trying to figure out how to make more money from the international audience as it gets bigger. Keep in mind the PPV model is a very American thing. It exists elsewhere but the US audience is much more used to spending big $ on one off events. In most places around the world the idea for paying for a sporting event on TV is outrageous. Basically us Americans are just easy marks, we’re used to paying lots of money for shit quality products.

Back