Man Colby is a tough sob, cant wait for the rematch!

Ya, it was a close fight. It seems like Colby is the biggest threat to Usman. That being said, has Usman gotten better since then? Has Colby stagnated? Should be interesting. I just wish Colby would’ve fought one more time to earn his shot.

Colby is the best fighter EVER!!!!! aaaaannnnnnnddddddd He's President Trumps favorite fighter.

i didnt think it was that great of a fight in the 1st place and not interested in the rematch.

it was a shitty stand-up fight between 2 wrestlers. Usman was clearly better and Colby has done nothing to earn the rematch but run his mouth.

ill Pay for Edwards vs Usman, i wont pay for Usman vs Colby.

It was a reasonably close fight, but I just don't really see any path to victory for Colby. They're virtually equal fighters, except Usman has a huge power/strength advantage. Seems like that will always be the difference whenever they fight. Not to mention the fact that Usman's striking technique has definitely improved materially since that fight.

It's a fine fight. In a vacuum. I just don't think Dana should reward fighters for sitting out. When the fight happens, I'll enjoy it regardless of that particular gripe. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more than the last WW title fight (that also shouldn't have happened).
Because any validity about who's earned it has completely went out the window in today's MMA era under ESPN.

Dana now just says fuck all that and just makes the biggest fights regardless of who earned it or not. That's why the pointless Masvidal rematch was made and that's why Colby's getting it despite doing nothing to earn it either.

shitty stand-up fight between 2 wrestlers.
I love that. 2 strikers striking cause neither one can wrestle - like Nate/Mas, for example - always has a cop out feel to it. But two wrestlers striking - venturing off into the other realms of MMA cause they're both good enough to cancel out each other's main strengths - is just far more interesting.

Last edited:
I remember being entertained but didn't think it was an all-time great fight.

To me, all-time great fights need to have all aspects of MMA - striking, ground work, high level of action, high level technique and wild swings in momentum.

Back