News BREAKING: Max Holloway is OUT of the July 17th main event vs. Yair Rodríguez

Who would you want as Max's replacement against Yair on July 17

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
EDIT:
For those asking why is there a poll, since the tweet says they will re-schedule it:

Please read here:
Since the news is a bit of a shocker, I only noticed the initial post in the title that 'Max is out' and I went on to read the full article to confirm if it's legit before making this thread. Upon reading the full article, there was NO mention of the fight being 'rescheduled' but rather the UFC will make a decision for the 'new main event', not ruling out if Yair would still be in the card.

And with how bad Yair want to be back and fight again against anyone as he mentioned in his recent interview, I assumed he'll have no problems accepting to fight a replacement fighter. That's why I made a poll on who do you like to see him fight if ever he's still in the card.

My bad guys. But it's still fun to make fantasy future match ups for Yair in the poll, right? :)

---------

Translated:

"One of the most anticipated fights of the next few months has been postponed, as Max Holloway, former UFC 145-pound champion, suffered an injury, the nature of which is currently unknown, and will not be ready for the July 17"

"The fight between the Hawaiian, with a 22-6 record, and the native of Parral, Chihuahua, with a 13-2 record, was confirmed by the promoter a few weeks ago and was destined to define the next challenger for the featherweight division title. , where Australian Alexander Volkanovski will defend against Brian Ortega. They are both the trainers for the current season of The Ultimate Fighter."

"Fighters such as Edson Barboza and Giga Chikadze have shown interest in replacing Holloway, but it is still unknown how long Holloway will be sidelined."

"It is expected that in the following days the UFC will make a decision on the new main event for that date."

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Back