Media Paul Craig gets awarded Black Belt

Congratulations to him. Break an arm, get a black belt. Didn't Frank Mir get his black belt after breaking Tim Sylvia's arm?

I watched on ppv UFC 34 (maybe 33)? His first UFC fight vs Roberto Travern and landed an armbar on the highly respected bjj bb and iirc got his bb then. I could remember it wrong since it's been forever but that's what my intuition tells me. Might have been Sylvia, that's a long ass time ago. Something tells me it was in the cage after the Travern fight but could have been after the Sylvia one. Or even the Pete Williams one, but iirc it was in the cage.

I watched on ppv UFC 34 (maybe 33)? His first UFC fight vs Roberto Travern and landed an armbar on the highly respected bjj bb and iirc got his bb then. I could remember it wrong since it's been forever but that's what my intuition tells me. Might have been Sylvia, that's a long ass time ago. Something tells me it was in the cage after the Travern fight but could have been after the Sylvia one. Or even the Pete Williams one, but iirc it was in the cage.

Wiki says it was after the title fight with Sylvia.

Congratulations to him. Break an arm, get a black belt. Didn't Frank Mir get his black belt after breaking Tim Sylvia's arm?
its something about submiting someone on a ufc fight, tony got his from eddie bravo for the same reason.

Crazy to think he wasnt one already, guy os good enough to sub nearly any UFC fighter when on the ground.
Congrats

It is crazy to think that all this time Craig wasn’t a Black Belt. Also you can see Hill in background

Hill is in the background congratulating him. The whole scene where they were in a confrontation must have been bs lol. Hill is a cool dude I know he has great potential.

It is crazy to think that all this time Craig wasn’t a Black Belt. Also you can see Hill in background

Getting ur black belt anywhere but on the mats or cage is pretty disrespectful IMO...

Congrats to Craig no doubt and be deserves it but a black belt shouldnt just be handed over to someone over beers

Hill is in the background congratulating him. The whole scene where they were in a confrontation must have been bs lol. Hill is a cool dude I know he has great potential.

Having ur arm snapped or dislocated tends to squash beef lol...

There cool now cuz they know whats up...fighting has a way of making bonds with previous enemies sometimes...Hill could learn a thing or two from the new black belt...maybe do some training with Craig after he heals up... I would if i was Hill

Congratz for him, he is sure a high level grappler.

But it's lame to get a promotion like that, getting a wraped up belt on a restaurant table.

Would be cool if he and Jamahal became training partners since they're probably not gonna fight again.

Keep snarpin arms, Bearjew!

Well there's a guy that did not get in a cereal box ..

Back