Media Leon Edwards rocked, dropped and dances vs Barberenna.Chin issue?

The Demon Sword

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

No wonder he points fights, Leon Edwards is a very good fighter but I feel he may lack the chin to ever truly go fo the kill(1ko in 10 fights) Rocked by a past his prime Diaz and by A never was Barberrena. At least leon has a lot of toughness to weather a storm. Conor,Gaethje,Usman,Jorge and Khamzat must be licking their lips at testing that chin, if they can find it of course. I think Edwards should get the next shot, if he keeps his chin tucked and hands up he can beat Usman. If not…

upload_2021-6-16_16-6-52.jpeg
upload_2021-6-16_16-9-3.jpeg
upload_2021-6-16_16-10-44.jpeg

No wonder he points fights, Leon Edwards is a very good fighter but I feel he may lack the chin to ever truly go fo the kill(1ko in 10 fights) Rocked by a past his prime Diaz and by A never was Barberrena. At least leon has a lot of toughness to weather a storm. Conor,Gaethje,Usman,Jorge and Khamzat must be licking their lips at testing that chin, if they can find it of course. I think Edwards should get the next shot, if he keeps his chin tucked and hands up he can beat Usman. If not…

View attachment 861414
View attachment 861415
View attachment 861416

FFS mate. He lost concentration, got caught and recovered after dominating the whole fight. He's never been knocked out in his whole career, so no he doesn't have a chin issue.

Leon can’t box. He can kick box and point fight but when it comes to straight up boxing in the pocket, he just doesn’t have the chin for it.

That attempted finish was even worse than Nates. What the hell was he doing? All he had to do was crouch slightly and bring down the hammer like Conor did against Dustin in their first bout.

Barbarena is a guy that looks easy to beat since he looks like an hobbyist. The dude can fight though. Really underated skills and he's tough as they come.

Being rocked twice in 14 UFC fights doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
It’s not really that he got rocked.. but that he got rocked by 2 fighters not particularly known for their power.. I’m still not convinced his chin is bad.. but it’s fair to question it at this point

View attachment 861414
View attachment 861415
View attachment 861416

Looks like same chin issues Gaychee has/ Takes one clean shot and does the chicken dance momentsaway from being finished. Shame

Leon definitely has a glass chin but he gets away with it using smart clinching and range skills. He's fast.
Good connection from Usman would put him to sleep though.

Back