Adesanya is succesful in MW because the division lack of elite wrestlers

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Once he will face an elite wrestler he gonna look very average

He is a smart fighter who can avoid hard shot and he is a good counter fighter but recently he mostly faced reckless strikers (whittaker and costa) or bad wrestler (vettori)

He fucked up your leg with calf kick and go to decision by kicking and puching you from the outside, if you rush at him stupidly he counter you and finish you off, thats basicaly his strategy the whole fights

But against an elite wrestler who will ragdoll him he gonna struggle , his takedown defense didnt look too bad but far from elite + he his skinny and have long leg he might not be that hard to put down for someone a bit heavier than him

What i try to say is that Izzy puzzle might look hard to solve, it is, but not that much, just need to found a good wrestler and the job will be done

Jan showed the way more or less

Discuss

By your logic, every dominant champ in every division throughout history is only successful, because no fighters with a perfect gameplan to counter them exists at their time.

{<huh}

Jan has 20 lbs on Adesanya. We saw how someone in his weight class tried and failed to hold him down last weekend.

I'm not even an Adesanya fan. But you haters are ridiculous.

Maybe izzy just has good take down defense and wrestlers dont just shoot in cuz they respect his technical striking

Neither did Khabib :p

What divisions have the level of wrestling you’re talking about?
Pure skillwise, LW. Enlarged versions of Islam and Gregor would ragdoll Adesanya. But even MW has Weedman who should theoretically have the required level of skill, if he ever manages to make a comeback and win a few.

Horrible example. Romero is too old to wrestle due to gastank and neck/spine issues.

Neither did Khabib :p
Khabib ragdolled D1 Gaethje.

Agreed, I think Usman could take him, maybe Colby too. Shit get GSP back in there for that middle strap.

So far Izzy hasn't faced anyone with decent chain wrestling skills.

Agreed, I think Usman could take him, maybe Colby too. Shit get GSP back in there for that middle strap.

So far Izzy hasn't faced anyone with decent chain wrestling skills.
Usman relies too much on his strength, I don't think he'd be successful against the bigger Adesanya. Colby is a wrestlelet who went 7/18 on TDs against LW RDA and got taken down by RDA 3 times, lol. Adesanya would ragdoll him himself.

So you’re wrong. You said he didn’t face an elite wrestler, which he clearly did.

Also…

View attachment 861305
so you’re wrong, 2 times.

Gastelum is not that great a wrestler, he got handled by Weidman and even Magny.

TS has a point in that the current MW division is missing the sort of elite wrestler that would test what appears to be one of Izzy's weaknesses.

Once he will face an elite wrestler he gonna look very average

He is a smart fighter who can avoid hard shot and he is a good counter fighter but recently he mostly faced reckless strikers (whittaker and costa) or bad wrestler (vettori)

He fucked up your leg with calf kick and go to decision by kicking and puching you from the outside, if you rush at him stupidly he counter you and finish you off, thats basicaly his strategy the whole fights

But against an elite wrestler who will ragdoll him he gonna struggle , his takedown defense didnt look too bad but far from elite + he his skinny and have long leg he might not be that hard to put down for someone a bit heavier than him

What i try to say is that Izzy puzzle might look hard to solve, it is, but not that much, just need to found a good wrestler and the job will be done

Jan showed the way more or less

Discuss

so where are all those elite wrestler in mma period. i wouldnt say anderson silva tought only wrestlers.

Guys have tried. Maybe Weidman and Rockhold would have been tough matchups back in the day but their chins sucked too.

Yeah. I don't agree. They're just quite diverse. You saw a grinder of a wrestler the other night in Vettori and Izzy fought masterfully against him, beating him soundly. You just don't think of him rocking a singlet so you're not of the mindset that he's a typical wrestler.

Brunson, Weidman, Vettori, Omari, Hermansson and Heinisch are all wrestlers or grapplers who utilize takedowns and top games to win fights in or around the top 15.

And it isn't that easy to take Izzy down at 185. You guys need to get off that perspective.

Last edited:
Back