What order will these champs lose their belts in?

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Usman, Adesanya, Shevchenko, and Nunes.

My guess is:

1.) Usman: he could lose to Colby next. I think he will lose his belt by the end of 2022 regardless.

2.) Adesanya will defend 3 more times before someone is able to wrestle him.

3.) Shevchenko defends 4-5 more times until she’s old and loses motivation.

4.) Nunes @ 135 defends 5ish more times before she’s old.

5.) Nunes @ 145 defends 8 more times until she dies of old age and then her corpse defends 3 more times.

1) Nunes @ 135- I think Shevchenko beats her when they fight likely within the next year

2) Adesanya- I don't really see any of the current crop of contenders beating him decisively. However with the way he fights, it's certainly possible that he loses a decision, especially vs a wrestler. So he probably will lose a close decision at some point.

3) Usman- Similar to Izzy, I don't see any of the current top WW's beating him. Usman is dominant and keeps getting better. Will probably hold onto the belt for at least a couple more years.

4) Shevchenko/Nunes (145)- They'll never lose these belts, just depends on when they want to retire.

Nunes = retirement
Izzy = has had close fights against Gastalum and Romero already
Usman = continues to improve and I think he’ll reign for a while
Shevchenko = great fighter in a shit division will lead to long reign

It’s not fair to put Shevchenko or Nunes up there with Usman and Izzy. The male divisions of these 2 gentlemen are stacked with tons of talent (especially WW) but the WMMA divisions all suck (with the exception of SW and even that does not compare to men divisions)

The question is between Usman and Izzy. I think both retire undefeated in their weight class personally but it’s more likely Usman loses it first because his opponents have been pretty competitive so far (Colby, Burns nearly beat Usman at some points). Even Masvidal was able to put great offense in the 1st fight.

I see all of them sustaining their titles just due to their divisions ( + , of course their talent).
I'll throw in 2 maybes- I give Whitaker a real shot in re match and if kayla can make 145, Nunes Harrison becomes the super fight that Cyborg Nunes was supposed to be( they have to sign kayla- first)

* also- Nunes is the goat- no question but this is a dangerous time for her. This is when complacency sinks in , especially at a gym where they're concentrating on other fighter. Shes an enormous favorite vs Pena and she looks past this gal - and just like that , it happens. Pena is a tough ----- and she , genuinely, thinks she can beat her. History is history.

I might even throw a small wager on this( with the notion I'll probably lose ) - we're due for one of those " massive " upsets.

* The 125 division ( shev) is just silly. When the champ is basically a 9-1 favorite in most of her fights , ??????

Izzy is the only one with an obvious hole in his game so that would suggest he would lose his title first.

1.)

Who could outwrestle Izzy at 185 in 1/2 years?
I only see Whitakker winning with a good gameplan(less head hunting)

Khamzat gonna beat uzmen but whittaker will beat izzy in the rematch before then..

Usman, Adesanya, Shevchenko, and Nunes.

My guess is:

1.) Usman: he could lose to Colby next. I think he will lose his belt by the end of 2022 regardless.

3.) Shevchenko defends 4-5 more times until she’s old and loses motivation.

4.) Nunes @ 135 defends 5ish more times before she’s old.

5.) Nunes @ 145 defends 8 more times until she dies of old age and then her corpse defends 3 more times.

Usman will beat Colbys ass all over again and its gonna be great. I can't stand Usman or his hairline but I can't get enough of him beating down Colby

Izzy
Toss up
Toss up
Usman doesn’t ever lose a fight assuming he retires after 2-3 fights. My man seems physically broken.

We still think Izzy has shit TDD huh? No one is a Chael Sonnen in the MW division

Last edited:
Back